Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Skirts on, but......

Grangey

Well, had the skirts fitted today (piccies later), but I'm not too happy at the minute. The skirts come with double sided tape, which is grey in colour. Now, I don't know whether the fitter's made a mistake, but you can see this tape when the skirts are on! I'm going to have to get him to paint this, to blend it in.

If you've had skirts, can you see/feel the tape on yours? It looks like it should be there, to form a bond, but it sticks out like a sore thumb, unpainted. Did you get yours painted BEFORE it was fitted to the car, or what?

Confused? Yep. Disappointed? Defo.:(

Hi there Grangey the tape that you see you should see as rob200 shows in ths photo I myself have a TRD kit fitted and the tape helps the kit stand out for on my black 200 if it was not there it would be hard to see the skirts on the body work I diffently would not paint it if I were you.

Cheers

shieldnj (Nigel)

Like what Rob? All i can see is the reflection of a fag but on your polished

trim :lol::rolleyes::lol:

:lol: i'm suprised you didn't notice i've got blue skirts on a silver car :lol:

it's superchargedmorphs car, dunno if the fags are his too..

I have fitted the skirts without tape (because they would look ugly with the tape). I have glued the skirts.

So what you can do is to tell your lexus mechanician to take off skirts, remove the ugly tape and refit the skirts without tapes and glue them on your car (just because it looks better this way).

I've had time to have a think about the skirts, and I've chatted with the fitter. I don't think that the skirts will come off too easily now they've been glued, will they? He has suggested that he could coat the tape with some kind of primer for rubber and them pencil in the tape with a thin brush, after masking. He's excellent at his job, and I could trust him to do it right - he even suggested doing a patch and removing the paint with thinners if it didn't work too well. Gonna sleep on it a while, but I really think that I DON'T want it leaving as it is.

I must say, I'm pretty disappointed at the design, and the things aren't cheap.................... :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links