Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stopped By The Police

Ruskie

Yes you knew I would have to say something on this matter, to be far there's nothing much more I can add that already hasn't been said. Except to say that is, each and every one of you has made some valid points. I wish I could educate those officers who behave in a way that is unbecoming of what is expected from an officer; sadly that behaviour happens all too often. So the next time you are spoken to by an officer and you feel you have be treated unfairly or accused of something you haven't done, then please report it. (sometimes easier said, than done) Think of it another way, if this officer is behaving unfairly and on each occasion they are reported hopefully it shouldn’t take too long before their superiors take the necessary action that is required. On the other hand, don’t report it; then they get away with it time & time again. The reason I feel this way it is because of the minority of officer who act in such away makes mine and other fellow officer’s job a lot harder……… trust me when I say the job is hard enough as it is. I don’t need decent hard working members of the public alienated.

Lastly let me assure you not all police officer act in such manner and don’t be put off to call, as a police officer I know I need the public sometime just as much they need me. And as the saying goes

CRIME, TOGETHER WE’LL CRACK IT…………… sleep well and don’t have nightmares

i have been stopped loads of times by the police mostly when i was younger ,but it has not stopped me from having respect for them ,there is good and bad in all types of work ,how many of you have had bad service from a garage or hotel etc you don't tar them all with the same brush do you .for every bad copper there is 20 others doing the job well we just don't bleat on about the good ones only the bad .i for one would not like to spend a day in there shoes dealing with the drunks and scallys on a daily bascis and if i did it might just give me a bad attitude every now and then .

A small boy was lost at a large shopping mall.

He approached a uniformed policeman and said, "I've lost my grandpa!"

The cop asked, "What's he like?"

The little boy replied, "jack Daniels and women with big boobs".

gotta laugh aint ya :lol:

i think the public lost the respect for the police now & they should ask themselve why. i mean i tried to respect the police but sorry to say cant do it. how many times when i/we called them cos of some spot of bother from a group of youths causing trouble at my mates fast food take out(were i use to work) at night? lots but few occasions they didnt even turn up or came few hours later & same with people i know in the fastfood industry. when my neighbour got robbed few yrs ago,night time nothing got stolen (thats not the point) they turned up in the morning. their kids was quite young then & they were scared.if they came straight away it may of been a piece of mind. some say there on emergency call or something if they cant attend to some trouble.

i mean i got stopped few yrs ago by a group of police officers by a bus stop doint ruitine checks,only 1 or 2 was enough, nothing wrong with the car but i still had to show my documents to the police station the nxt day or within few days as i got stopped. another occasion where i got stopped was using windscreen jet lights on my last car,yea i know there cheap, tacky & illegal(this was few yrs ago when they first came out!) so he did nothing wrong stopping me but instead i got fined for it, i thought they should give u a caution first time, but it was my first offence so i just felt conned since i learnt mu lesson & he should of let me off.not sure if they caution you now or fine you even first time but this was a few yrs ago.

were i live nearly every thursday afternoon a part of the dual carriageway is blocked off with at least 3 police cars & LOTS of police officers doing ruitine checks stopping just anyone. surely thats not needed & the other night i saw a subaru impreza WRX(1 person in it) being stopped by 2 police cars. i dont know what this subaru was doing/why is been stopped but few police cars wouldnt make it quicker to stop the subaru.

with what i said its obvious there more focused on motorists.

with what i said its obvious there more focused on motorists.

thats because we are an easy target.

We are by and large law abiding, usually solvent (have to be to be able to run a car), and commit "crimes" that are none to personally risky, and easy to justify / prosecute.

And the only way we fight back is to moan at each other / on internet forums as we write the cheques out.

Nice stream of revenue, and its good for the figures.

Nothing personal against our boys in blue on LOC - I think all coppers do a necessary job, and quite importantly, one I am not prepared to do myself, but I do feel (as a motorist) that I am just seem as easy pickings.

BTW Col, Dogdy et al - its not just the police - I am as equally sick of being an easy target for the government tax collection services. Why work hard for a living when I could just as easily knock up the missus a few times, sit around on my fat **** with my beggin bowl, and screw the social system for a house etc?

<derailment>

i think the taxes in this country **** too! Im gonna do 30 years and retire out of this country, that is my dream!

I must add that Dannyboy, you must live in a county, where they are still strapped for officers. I too, as an officer, was on the bad end of "county" assistance when my girlfriend was threatened with assault on our own doorstep from a very agressive neighbour, and she was 7 months pregnant, whist I was too "at work" doing the same job in London at the time 30 miles away from her. Besides her 999 call to the police in Luton, and the sounds of a disturbance in the background, no county officer had turned up, even after i returend home 3 hours later, and being told of the incident, I did complain the the commisioner of Bedfordshire, as the neighbour did end up punching my girlfriend in the face...........From a "job" point of view and being stuck in Brent looking after the residents there, the locals couldn't even protect a police officers partner.

I must add, with respect Danny_boy, there are more police in the boroughs in the met, puting about 12 cars of two iffcers each per shift.............and the most (politcally putting it) exciting call is nothing better than "suspects on" someone in someone elses property.. The adrenaline flows, as us english know about "ones home is castle" etc. and love nothing better than rushing to "suspects on" with the hope of catching some schlaaaag in someone else's private domain, and pride and joy. As a ****ty burglar is a top arrest. Brent officers will drive like bats out of hell to catch someone burgling.

Also, I have just finhsed dealing with team 999 work for a bit, after 3 years, and I am now in the nwighbourhood team applying Anti Social Behaviour Orders to trouble youths. We have served 12 in Brent against a group that was plauging a particular estate near Neasden.

I must add that Dannyboy, you must live in a county, where they are still strapped for officers. I too, as an officer, was on the bad end of "county" assistance when my girlfriend was threatened with assault on our own doorstep from a very agressive neighbour, and she was 7 months pregnant, whist I was too "at work" doing the same job in London at the time 30 miles away from her. Besides her 999 call to the police in Luton, and the sounds of a disturbance in the background, no county officer had turned up, even after i returend home 3 hours later, and being told of the incident, I did complain the the commisioner of Bedfordshire, as the neighbour did end up punching my girlfriend in the face...........From a "job" point of view and being stuck in Brent looking after the residents there, the locals couldn't even protect a police officers partner.

I must add, with respect Danny_boy, there are more police in the boroughs in the met, puting about 12 cars of two iffcers each per shift.............and the most (politcally putting it) exciting call is nothing better than "suspects on" someone in someone elses property.. The adrenaline flows, as us english know about "ones home is castle" etc. and love nothing better than rushing to "suspects on" with the hope of catching some schlaaaag in someone else's private domain, and pride and joy. As a ****ty burglar is a top arrest. Brent officers will drive like bats out of hell to catch someone burgling.

err.....i not sure about 'strapped' for officers. oh i live in Southend on sea, Essex by the way, the boy racer land. i know esp. the weekend the is lots of police on the sea front where cruisers are so not sure if they concentrate on cruisers but i witness lots of fights outside the clubs that is virtually nxt to sea front, few occasions(mainly wk end) when it sometimes get really bad, the police only turn up by the time its over & sometimes clubbers,drunk, are way out of control that you see few officers restraining 1 person. one time it got really bad there was a gang fight between 2 gangs outside a club & the police i should think was not present yet. few got taken to a hospital in a town called Basildon, dont know why when Southend hospital is closest & the other gang followed them there & another fight happened but this time at Basildon hospital & part of the hospital got set on fire. is things like that scares you & you think where are the police when you need them....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links