Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Oh dear mate, you think that Lexus are pulling the Wool over my eyes. That would really P*## me off I can tell you.

I have spoken to the dealer again this morning and get the impression that they think I'm whinging about something and nothing. So now I'll drop a line to Lexus and ask them to explain, 1) Why It is not made clear to buyers that the kit is aftermarket and 2) why the proposed solution to the noise problem is to simply turn up the player volume.

If things get a little heavy, at the risk of taking liberties, I might come back to you for some help.

Thanks again.

Pete, not stating they are pulling the wool over your eyes, but technically they could'nt even try and do this to me...

I already know the cause of your problem and the simple way to correct it correctly.

As for your dealer stating the fact that "Lexus are not in the habit of issueing technical bulletin without first carrying out extensive testing" LEXUS GB will NEVER do this... IT IS AN AFTERMARKET system... not OEM. In fact LEXUS GB will probally not even approve this system or any afermarket system fitted thereafter.

We have supplied and fitted a large number of AV kits to RX300's for Lexus before. I can't name the dealers for legal reasons.

Where are you located, perhaps if i'm in your area one day I can fix it for you?

As for your dealer stating the fact that "Lexus are not in the habit of issueing technical bulletin without first carrying out extensive testing" LEXUS GB will NEVER do this... IT IS AN AFTERMARKET system... not OEM. In fact LEXUS GB will probally not even approve this system or any afermarket system fitted thereafter.

This is a Lexus GB product not a dealer system so how can they not approve it :unsure:

Oooppps, should have read the entire thread Colin.

nethertheless, the products are made up of components which I would describe as not the greatest of products available.

I hope Pete gets it all sorted, I even offered him a personal helping hand, but not too sure on his location as yet.

Steve, I don't know where I'm going with this mate. I'll email you my location but as there's a ferry trip involved it would probably be easier if I brought the car up to you/your company.

Its the principal now, charging £2,600 for a kit that is not working as it should and to be honest is a pain in the back end to use anyway, seems like Lexus or their installers are taking the mick..

My letter has gone to Lexus GB now so it would make sense to sit tight and hear what they have got to say. If it gets resolved that'll be fine, if not I will take it all the way.

Pete..

Steve, I don't know where I'm going with this mate. I'll email you my location but as there's a ferry trip involved it would probably be easier if I brought the car up to you/your company.

Its the principal now, charging £2,600 for a kit that is not working as it should and to be honest is a pain in the back end to use anyway, seems like Lexus or their installers are taking the mick..

My letter has gone to Lexus GB now so it would make sense to sit tight and hear what they have got to say. If it gets resolved that'll be fine, if not I will take it all the way.

Pete..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links