Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Price Quotes

Stu

They're good mate, I went for the T1-S in the end...

The think I like is that you get total feedback so you can feel the instant the car starts to lose control (you can feel it 'floating' if you will). With my old 17's (Pilot Premacy or something like that) I never felt the backend slipping until it was on the other side of the road!!!

In the wet the backend has a tendancy to break away much sooner than it did previously with my old tyres, but to be honest mate I put them on just after the coilovers so can't give a really fair comparison since they may not be like this on a standard suspension...

I do get problems with the car fishtailing when the road is wet or greasy which is something to bear in mind, the road in Chesterfield where PC World is always gives me problems if I accellerate from the lights....

The T1-R's are supposed to improve in every way.

One thing I'd be careful with in reviews is make sure they're reviewing the exact model and size tyre on your car - the local tyre place was trying to sell me some other tyres, it was a German / Dutch sounding name, can't remember it at the minute, and when I saw the reviews they were basing this on they were 14" tyres and not even the brand I was going for!!!

You really want something that complements the cars driving style, not something that will spoil it - the Toyos seem a good match but I think I'll be trying the Goodyear F1's or the topend Bridgestones next to see what they're like - might even go down the T1-R route, will see what's available at the time..

Kumho tyres on eBay £53 a piece ZR rated. Just bought 4 myself, I no a lot of you will say they are cheap and not any good, but i only do approx 3000 miles a year. I have tested them wet/dry and at speed and i cannot tell any difference between them and the Dunlops they replaced, other than the Dunlops cost twice the price. I suppose it balls down to how you drive the car. I have two young children and my boy racer days are over, under normal driving conditions they are fine.

Had a big moment today :duh: lost the backend and managed to Kerb the Driver side front wheel, been looking to replace tyres, big question which ones, been looking at the Toyos T1-s at £93 each from Elite wheels in Rainham, Essex, is there a difference between T1-s and T1-R. At the moment i have Michlen Pilots.

I have Pilots all round at the moment too. I think that T1R are better/newer design than the S - also you can get the T1s Proxies for around £65 a tyre delivered, you just then need to have them fitted.

I've got 5 sets of 17" toyos proxes.................£85 all in bargain of the millenium !

Just out of interest, how much would these tyres cost without the postage, ( as i'm only a 20min drive from you :) ) .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links