Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ecu

marcus

Hi guys any help would be good, What i would like to know is what sensor the Lexus use,

1.)Hot-wire Flap map type?

2.)Karman vortex type?

3.)RB26DETT type?

4.)VETC type?

or better still has any one got i Diagram of the ECU so i can see what wire is what?

Thanks

HW is HotWire yes.... Toyota only uses those sensor types as far as I know.

:winky:

I had to set this sensor type on my S-AFC.

In the manual also you can see --> Toyota -> HotWire :)

German vehicles r usin' Karman, the Nissan Skyline is a special one as I can see.

:ph34r:

HW is HotWire yes.... Toyota only uses those sensor types as far as I know.

:winky:

Toyota/Lexus have also used Vane, flap and Karman-Vortex types of MAF sensor. Most now seem to use Hot wire, the exception being the IS200 that doesn't even use a MAF sensor.

rb26dett

is a nissan engine code.you making this all up, or is someone pulling your leg

:lol: no im not pulling your leg, i just want to know what sensor the lexus is useing ;) so is it "Hot Wire" sensor the lexus has?

Yes we already told you..... :winky:

so is it "Hot Wire" sensor the lexus has?

I think I've said three times now the IS200 has a MAP type so you need to go with option 1 ;)

With such kind of answer you only confuse him more.

When he asks for HW, why do you answer with "MAP type"??

Also if it's the same, but maybe he doesn't know, so simply say "Yes it's HotWire!" and everything is clear. ;)

:duh: :hehe: :duh:

I think I've said three times now the IS200 has a MAP type so you need to go with option 1 ;)

Also if it's the same, but maybe he doesn't know, so simply say "Yes it's HotWire!" and everything is clear. ;)

:lol::lol::lol: PMSL at you guys this is why i love this site,

Thanks guys for all your help its been fun :lol: :winky:

so its HW :lol:

No mate, Chris has already told you, IT IS A MAP SENSOR.

MAP means "Manifold Air Pressure"

MAF means "Mass Air Flow"

You are barking up the wrong tree anyway, you need to be more concerned by the fact the Greddy Emanage is very unlikely to the job that you want it to do as the resolution is way to low to cope with a T4 turbo, and unless you get a MAP sensor to work with it, you can't map in 3D so the car will never drive properly.

No mate, Chris has already told you, IT IS A MAP SENSOR.

MAP means "Manifold Air Pressure"

MAF means "Mass Air Flow"

You are barking up the wrong tree anyway, you need to be more concerned by the fact the Greddy Emanage is very unlikely to the job that you want it to do as the resolution is way to low to cope with a T4 turbo, and unless you get a MAP sensor to work with it, you can't map in 3D so the car will never drive properly.

Why will it not work mark, i have been told the Greddy Emanage a long with the add on bits you can get for it is one of the best you can buy, the only thing better is a standalone ie new ECU. and as im not going to be runing much Boost & the Hp i want out of the Turbo is only 270 to 280hp , think it will do the job ,

all so why do Greddy put them with there Turbo kits if they are not up to the job in hand ;)

No it's MAP.

:crying::blink:

:crybaby:

:lol::hehe: :duh: :yack: :mat:

No it's MAP.

:crying::blink:

:crybaby:

:lol::hehe: :duh: :yack: :mat:

:hehe: yea i know that now thank RR, could have saved us a lot of time if some one had just said yes its map sensor ;) thats why at the start of this post i put 1,2,3,4 all you guys had to do was say yes its No.1 :lol: thanks any way. its been fun :winky:

Haha... funny to confuse people.... :hehe: :duh: :lol:

Joke. :winky:

In my opinion MAP means the function (to measure manifold air pressure) of the sensor and HW is a kind of description or something.

Because for the S-AFC you cannot set MAP or such, only those 4 you had above.

HW means a type or kind of sensor I guess....

Or get on the Apexi site and download the wiring diagram.

There you can see that all Toyota models have "HW" next to the ECU drawings.

But it's OK, if any piggy back asks you then --> HW sensor

and if we ask you then --> MAP

But ordinary both are the same.....

:blink:

:duh: :ph34r::sick::question::nuke:

The S-AFC II supports RB26DETT, Hot-wire, flap & Karman MAF sensors and MAP (just called pressure in the instructions)

This lists all the types on sensors - shame it don't have the IS200/Altezza 6 cylinder

http://www.apexi-usa.com/productdocumentation/AFC2Wiring.pdf

Why will it not work mark, i have been told the Greddy Emanage a long with the add on bits you can get for it is one of the best you can buy, the only thing better is a standalone ie new ECU. and as im not going to be runing much Boost & the Hp i want out of the Turbo is only 270 to 280hp ,  think it will do the job ,

all so why do Greddy put them with there Turbo kits if they are not up to the job in hand  ;)

You are up against two problems, firstly the mapping resolution is far too low which means that the mapping will be too rough, and secondly 2D mapping on a turbocharged or supercharged car is impossible to get right, and any attempts you make at doing so (assuming you are paying someone to do the work) is a waste of good money that should be aimed at getting a proper ecu system.

Incidentally, if you are only going to use low boost pressure, you shouldn't be using a T4 turbo as it will be too far away from it's peak compressor efficiency.

I strongly recommend that you do some research to ensure you get the right parts, otherwise you can waste a lot of money.

What is 3D and what is 2D mapping??

Yes for reaching 270-280HP I also wouldn't go with a T04.

Try getting a GT28 or something.

Far enough.

You can also boost it up to over 1bar and this is also more than enough and you don't get that much lag.

A T04 (for 600HP or such) needs some time to spool up.

Why will it not work mark, i have been told the Greddy Emanage a long with the add on bits you can get for it is one of the best you can buy, the only thing better is a standalone ie new ECU. and as im not going to be runing much Boost & the Hp i want out of the Turbo is only 270 to 280hp ,   think it will do the job ,

all so why do Greddy put them with there Turbo kits if they are not up to the job in hand  ;)

You are up against two problems, firstly the mapping resolution is far too low which means that the mapping will be too rough, and secondly 2D mapping on a turbocharged or supercharged car is impossible to get right, and any attempts you make at doing so (assuming you are paying someone to do the work) is a waste of good money that should be aimed at getting a proper ecu system.

Incidentally, if you are only going to use low boost pressure, you shouldn't be using a T4 turbo as it will be too far away from it's peak compressor efficiency.

I strongly recommend that you do some research to ensure you get the right parts, otherwise you can waste a lot of money.

But im still waiting for you to tell me why Greddy put the Emanage with there Turbo kits if the Emanage are not up to the JOb in hand :question:

e-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit which taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle (± 20% at 5 preset RPM points) by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals. For Honda VTEC cars you can adjust the VTEC shift point. Additional features are built into the system but are only accessible through the use of the e0-1 programmer or our PC-Windows based "e-Manage Support Tool" communication software (Please see our Authorized GReddy Support Dealers for more information). There is a 16x16 airflow adjustment map, larger main injector correction adjustment, upgrade air flow meter adjustment, boost limiter cut, anti-engine stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, real-time map trace, real-time display, real-time communication and basic Data-logging. With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 injector duty cycle map and the controls for adding up to 2 additional sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harness" and the software are used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 ignition timing map. All of the above maps can also be map-traced in real-time as well. If the factory range of map or airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorporate our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressure Harness" to set larger scales of adjustment.

and this is just some of the things it can do, so do you still think its not up to the Job in hand :whistling:

Thanks for your help guys.

P.S yes i know the T4 is a bit big for just wanting 270 to 280hp and i know im going to get Turbo lag, untill i up the boost! but this is all i want out of it when i 1st fit the Turbo at the start of 2005 but by the end of 2005 i will have a new Greddy bottom end in the IS, :winky: so untill then! yes i will have Turbo lag, as the Turbo is a bit big for runing low boost.

If you set up and use a 3D map sensor it will work with positive pressure, but that still leaves you with the resolution issue to deal with. 16x16 load sites is very low resolution, and is just about acceptable if the car is supercharged from the factory and requires relatively small adjustments. The airflow characteristics of a T4 will require large high resolution mapping adjustments especially as the car is normally n/a. As this is a piggy back system there is also the worry of mapping changes between open and closed loop settings using a low resolution system. I think you may have a can of worms on your hands. As I mentioned previously by PM, we would be very happy to do our best for you, but as there are so many variables involved we would not be able to give you a fixed price in advance.

Perhaps the reason that Greddy supply an Emanage with their turbo kits is a cost issue, as they are cheap, or perhaps they don't make anything better.

Whatever happens, I hope it works out OK for you but I suspect it will end up costing a lot more than you hope.

Mark

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links