Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Camber After Lowering

Fatbillslim

ive just lowerd my is200 and while i had it on the ramp i noted there was a camber ajustment will this need re-seting now im down 40mm

you need to be aware that a 40mm drop will spoil the geometry to the max..

and the consiquince without recovery can be fatal.. read camber basics at

www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk this may help with what to expect if a geometry is not done? pm Scorpion in the forum his advise you can concider as ( the word ) the Lexus is a lady, and needs to be treated like one? if not she will bite your arse

ive just lowerd my is200 and while i had it on the ramp i noted there was a camber ajustment will this need re-seting now im down 40mm

www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk this may help with what to expect if a geometry is not done? pm Scorpion in the forum his advise you can concider as ( the word ) the Lexus is a lady, and needs to be treated like one? if not she will bite your arse

Huh.....im no expert :blush: (far from it) thats why i put people in touch with you Tony. :winky:

Huh.....im no expert :blush: (far from it) thats why i put people in touch with you Tony. :winky:

well me think's that your word is valid, look at the views that follow you!

You can express the importance needed with this example for a geometry. I had a Lexus today, not from LOC but he had a blow out, nsr, what amazed me was when i conversed with the owner and opened up my concern with the tyre condition he wasn't even aware there was a problem???? RAC fitted the spare tyre and off he went on his merry way, when the tyre was removed it fell appart ( for true ) when the customer returned to the centre i tried to explain this is not normal and my advice was recieved with total unconcern, he calmly said "is that my tyre" and showed no emotion? i was in disbelief, the tyre was in two peices and the owner showed, now concern.. good for business i suppose but if you are behined a blue IS200 index KF03*** move over, there's going to be fireworks.

Just goes to show how awareness within this forum opens up the need to team together with all our advice, at all levels so that we can avoid prat's like him...

So what happens if you put on bigger wheels (18in or 19in) for instance, do you need to do anything to the suspension ?

gord has the 18s on his sport,looks just right,i lowered mine and i prefer the sport springs for comfort,lowering is just for looks and nice flat roads,crap in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

With double wishbone suspension it's fairly safe to lower without changing susp. travel geometry. Camber changes are more controlled with wishbone type susp. McPherson struts do not offer that luxury.

A little more camber than standard, wich You get when lowering, need not be a bad thing either. Helps putting more outside rubber to the tarmac when cornering. Exessive camber will affect tyre wear and braking though.

40 mm should not affect the handling too bad.

If I'm not completely mistaken You cannot adjust camber with IS standard upper A-arms?

Nevertheless. Always check wheel alignment, especially toe, after lowering and if You choose wheels with different offset.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links