Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Amp Recomendation Or Harness

Sorry, its a long one, but i'm totally clueless.

Please help me. Im kinda new to all the audio stuff, all I want to do is put my Pioneer headunit into my Altezza!!!

My Altezza with an 18pin audio connector on the car. I was wondering if you knew of any Toyota/Lexus harnesses that I can use to fit my aftermarket Pioneer headunit, so that I don’t have to replace my amp and run new wires. I was looking for an adapter like the ones on autotoys.com

At worst, I was thinking that I should be able to do the audio in mod (As shown here) and connect this up to tha amp output of the headunit, and just take teh power/ACC & ground from the stock harness. Has anyone don this already??

I have an 8 speaker system.

If I do have to replace my amp, what kind of amp do I need? (forgive me for this, but do I need 8 channels for 8 speakers, 6 channels for 6 spoeakers and so on??)

I’d rather not replace the speakers too, but I understand that I might have to replace the rear shelf ones as they have a woofer installed too. For example, can I choose an amp with a built-in low-pass crossover, just to drive the woofers in the speakers?

So, can the new amp drive all the speakers? If not, will I have to replace the front speakers as well as the rear?

Weill I need to replace the front tweeters?

Can I not just get an amp with two extra channels (or woofer outputs) and connect them up to the amp?

If I really, really do have to get an amp, what make/model do you suggest?

So to cap it all.

1. Is there a harness available for the 18pin connector, or can I modify an existiong one?

2. Can I install the headunit without replacing the amp?

3. If I replace the amp, will it drive all the speakers?

4. If not, what speakers do I need to replace?

6. What amp do people suggest?

Please help!!!

russellg

1. Is there a harness available for the 18pin connector, or can I modify an existiong one?

2. Can I install the headunit without replacing the amp?

3. If I replace the amp, will it drive all the speakers?

4. If not, what speakers do I need to replace?

6. What amp do people suggest?

1. NO

2. NO

3. NOT VERY WELL, the amp contols the headunit........not the other way around in a Lexus

4. ALL OF THEM THERE THE WRONG OHM

5. i suggest you take out the amp, and factory speakers, and replace with all new stuff, it will be better in the long run

OK I have not located a harness yet.

For wire connection points (labels) removed the ciruit board from the control unit, turn it over and you're find that each terminal is labelled on the board.

This applies to the three and two connector versions of the control board.

Happy wiring.

:duh:

I've just checed the manual of my headunit DEH-7400MP

It states that I can have a Load impedance of 4 Ω (4 – 8 Ω [2 Ω for 1 ch]

allowable).

Does that mean it will be able to drive the Lexus speakers (Im noot sure, but I believe these are 8Ω?)

I really don't want to have to change any of teh speakers, never mind ALL!!!

the crossovers for the speakers are also incorporated in the amp, and individually wired from it.

the "8" speakers are located.....4 on the parcel shelf, technically they are only 2 speakers, and 4 in the doors, 2 mid by the bottom, and 2 tweeters behind the grill by the mirrors

I have a set of Infinity Kappa 693i's.

There a few years old, I bought them back in the old days when I had my Cavalier Turbo.

They are pretty deep (esp the mids). Are they likly to fit in the doors of teh Altezza without any hassle? Will I need any spacers to get them to fit nice?

What about the tweeters? Any special instructions there too?

Another idea for wiring harness which I'm going to use myself.

Since the stock unit is coming out, why not remove the connectors off the control board and make your own wiring harness.

I've purchased (from a car wrecker) a unit with faulty CD unit, removed the control board and then remove the connectors, in the process of making a wiring harness.

Carpurter will be housed inside old stock CD location with Motorised In Dash Monitor providing TV, Radio and Screen for MP3 and GPS.

I'll post an article soon.

:huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links