Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car damage after it had been at dealers

trevorx

I just wanted to express my feelings and maybe get some suggestions ....

Last tuesday my car got picked up by Lexus Manchester to have the radio removed as I've got some CD stuck.

2 days after it was returned I noticed to big scapes on the front bumper (1 either side). It's as if someone has tried to squeeze between 2 low curbs. It could only happen while being driven and I have deffinately not done it.

I have phoned the dealers and I get a very hostile response i.e. they say if it had happened while it was with them they'd have let me know ....

They are going to take a look when it goes back to have the radio fitted but it doesn't sound promissing ....

Any advice ?

I can see that's why they're probably questioning it, but the damage could only have been done while driving (it couldn't have been hit under the bumper in a car park etc), and I haven't done it. I know that takes a bit of trust but someone knows they've done it.

i had a similar thing a few years ago after my car had been in a prang. The bodyshop (vauxhall my insurer insisted on despite it being a toyota car) managed to create a dent in the drivers door as if someone had opened it onto a post.

I complained and the guy said exactly the same thing yours did : "if it was one of our guys they would have said, the only guy who had access to it was the resprayer hes not in but ill ask" 2 days latter a call "yeah, my guy says he didnt do it". Its funny that dealers have this confidence in their workers, as if every mechanic and dealer worker in the world has the morales of a saint.

So i know where you coming from, they never took the blame for that one, sold it with the dent.

I swear every time my car got cleaned by Lexus Southampton I got another scratch from their jetwash, at Guildford I mysteriously ended up with a scuff on my front bumper, but it was stone chipped to oblivion so gave up the pursuit as it would be so difficult to prove.

However, I have had someone attempt to cover up an accident to a previous car of mine, I ended up with a full refund after 9 months of ownership. Took a lot of arguments to get that though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links