Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stolen Keys

donnylad

Hi Last year I had my Lexus IS200 stolen, my ex was using it that day and they took it from his place of work by hooking the keys through an open window.

Luckly the police have recovered the car (with and est £5k) damage, however the keys were not recovered.

As I had bought the car seccond had they were the only set of keys. I am wondering if there is a way I can get a spare set made up, Maybe from the chassis number or something? Does any one know if Lexus keep a reccord of the locking codes so that I could get a set made up. I have been told that my only course of action is to replace all the locks and the computer which will cost in the region of £2.5k.

I can't claim on the insurance as I left that upto my ex and he hadnt bothered keeping the payments up, so now I have a car sat on the drive thats costing me £300 a month in finance that I cant afford to repair and cant use. I know I was daft in not sorting the insurance out myself but does anyone have any advice?

Many Thanks

As I had bought the car seccond had they were the only set of keys. I am wondering if there is a way I can get a spare set made up, Maybe from the chassis number or something? Does any one know if Lexus keep a reccord of the locking codes so that I could get a set made up. I have been told that my only  course of action is to replace all the locks and the computer which will cost in the region of £2.5k.

Many Thanks

You need at least one set of keys to be able to program up spares.

Hi Last year I had my Lexus IS200 stolen, my ex was using it that day and they took it from his place of work by hooking the keys through an open window.

Luckly the police have recovered the car (with and est £5k) damage, however the keys were not recovered.

As I had bought the car seccond had they were the only set of keys. I am wondering if there is a way I can get a spare set made up, Maybe from the chassis number or something? Does any one know if Lexus keep a reccord of the locking codes so that I could get a set made up. I have been told that my only  course of action is to replace all the locks and the computer which will cost in the region of £2.5k.

I can't claim on the insurance as I left that upto my ex and he hadnt bothered keeping the payments up, so now I have a car sat on the drive thats costing me £300 a month in finance that I cant afford to repair and cant use. I know I was daft in not sorting the insurance out myself but does anyone have any advice?

Many Thanks

If the car was recovered without the keys, the only and best thing to do is replace the locks or they can always take it again since they have the keys plus how do u get in the car. The best thing to do is insure it again and hope that they steal it may this time you can claim