Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Halfords In-car Kit Help

Mischief

Needing an In-car kit I was looking earlier this week on the Halfords website at their £99 offering (including fitting). Virtually every make of car was compatable except Lexus.

The website said if a make wasn't mentioned to ring direct which I did . I was advised today that the car kit couldn't be fitted in the IS200 , maybe due to the radio or wiring behind it .

Other car kits seem fine so I find this strange. Halfords' £99 kit is so much cheaper AND gets good reviews . Anyone have one of these installed in their Lexus just incase the guy got it wrong?

Thanks , a Nokia 6230 which is fine, its just the car which isn't. I've never had any issues when having car kits fitted in my previous IS200's which is why I found it strange about Halfords . Its a full in-car kit by the way , and sound comes through the speakers too . The only other oddity is that they said there's no ariel, the phone's own ariel is used , which I didn;t like the sound of .

I don't know if it's of any help, but I have a proper Nokia car kit installed for my 6230. On my one, there is a small black block which sits above the phone and connects to the ariel by a method I can't remember the name of !! The wire then goes to the control box and then out to an ariel that sticks to the inside of the windscreen.

Cradle sits nicely to the left of the centre console and the speaker is in the passenger foot well. Works fine and can hear the caller with no problems. It does mute the radio/cd as my mate who fitted it found the right wire etc. I know that without any extra electronics it's not possible to use the car speakers...

Dave

Yeah? They did that a few months back too . Great buy for anyone other than a Lexus driver :angry:

Thanks DaveW, I've never had any problems when I've had proper Nokia kits installed in the past neither and looks like I'll be shelling out this time too for one of those .

I can't help as such with you're problem but the Halfords car kits are crap compared to the genuine stuff out there. Parrot, Nokia se etc. IS are very difficult to work on, becasue they have an amp system.

IS are simple to work on ........... I had a Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth on my previous LEX ..... takes 3 hours to do .... and included headunit mute!

I have the Nokia 6230 !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links