Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pushing My Luck?

Well the inevitable is happening - corroding/pitting and bubbling alloys on my '04 IS. Spoken to Lex today who say it will be dealt with under warranty, so going to drop it in after I've come back from holiday.

Currently has the standard SE 5 spoke 17" rims which look great.

However - what you think my chances of getting them to put on the latest style multispoke wheels instead as fitted to the LE and 54 reg SE/Sport models? Just wondering if anyone else has tried this!!

If I have to pay for this 'upgrade' I won't bother.

:)

i was going to say 'no chance' but i'll settle for 'highly unlikely'.

the 17" five spokes are in whats called the refurb program and the new alloys you get are actually refurbished old alloys (actually better than the new 5 spokes).

The other lexus alloys have to be bought in new and cost lexus way more.

Deduce what you will.

Well the inevitable is happening - corroding/pitting and bubbling alloys on my '04 IS. Spoken to Lex today who say it will be dealt with under warranty, so going to drop it in after I've come back from holiday.

However - what you think my chances of getting them to put on the latest style multispoke wheels instead as fitted to the LE and 54 reg SE/Sport models? Just wondering if anyone else has tried this!!

if you do let me know mate! i may try it as well but try for the 18inch ones!

I think u may be asking for the impossible there ......... I really can't see Lexus giving us a newer type wheel for your refurbs. :unsure:

I wanted to upgrade to the 18s when mine had corrosion, and I said I'd pay the difference, but they said they couldn't do it, so doubt they'd give you different ones for free ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links