Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Mouse Is Sick....

Advice needed please, when i move my pointer over a hot spot or link then left click the pointer sods off? one or two inches, also if i leave the mouse dormant the pointer runs off the screen to the left, do you recommend i:-

1: get a new mouse

2: get a hammer

3: get a life

4: get in contact with Alcoholics Anonymous

seriously could the problem be just the mouse or could i have a virus in the system

can the wheel on the bottom be taken out ,if so give it a clean have to do this with mine quite often as it gets coated with crap ( i always blame to kids)

Could be the mouse ball, I'd get a new mouse.

LogitechMX900.jpg

This is an optical mouse, I have one of these (bluetooth) and keyboard too.

The optical infa red is soo much better than a ball!!

can the wheel on the bottom be taken out ,if so give it a clean have to do this with mine quite often as it gets coated with crap ( i always blame to kids)

i got the "kids" to do that no difference, the movement is fine it's just the left click.

Tony - it seems like your mouse needs a geometry adjustment! :lol::whistling:

If you after a new one the mouse recommened by Mr ScarFace above is very nice as are the Microsoft offerings. Make sure you get an optical one :D

Tony - it seems like your mouse needs a geometry adjustment! :lol:  :whistling:

If you after a new one the mouse recommened by Mr ScarFace above is very nice as are the Microsoft offerings. Make sure you get an optical one  :D

Thanks Anees that reply is the first time i have laughed in weeks, since i'm in the mood lol does that mean:-

1: laugh out loud

2: loads of love

3: love our lexus

blush*** still what about the poor mouse??

Try another mouse first, see if it works ...... here look

an optical mouse for 10p.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5179680377&rd=1

Bargain ..........  :D

To be true getting another mouse is not a problem, even i can assume the left click is mouse related, but i am a bit worried about the pointer "running" off when the mouse is dorment? over the last week i have had some strange e-mails and i feel i may of opened the gate..

unplug the mouse while the pc is turned on

if the mouse pointer still goes wild then check for something nasty

but If it only does it with the mouse in then I guess the opto sensors are fubar.

strong light can also make your mouse crazy

Get some tools mate.

Ad-aware (spyware, etc)

and

Nortons Antivirus PRO

if you are running XP make sure you have SP2 ....... !  :excl:

Things at the minute are so good? i was right in the middle of the best reply since Nelson said "keep an eye out for the arrows" when i had a power cut.....so here i go again, Norton 2000 reads as alls well, my concern is the e-mails that i keep getting are from !"(*&^%%^^&&** when i right click to delete i can hear the hard disk re-acting? then when i go to the web i can see the site being redirected, and all down loads are slow, should i:-

1: shoot the mouse

2: shoot myself

3: shoot the computer

4: shoot NTL

5: shoot off to bed

Get some tools mate.

Ad-aware (spyware, etc)

and

Nortons Antivirus PRO

if you are running XP make sure you have SP2 ....... !  :excl:

Things at the minute are so good? i was right in the middle of the best reply since Nelson said "keep an eye out for the arrows" when i had a power cut.....so here i go again, Norton 2000 reads as alls well, my concern is the e-mails that i keep getting are from !"(*&^%%^^&&** when i right click to delete i can hear the hard disk re-acting? then when i go to the web i can see the site being redirected, and all down loads are slow, should i:-

1: shoot the mouse

2: shoot myself

3: shoot the computer

4: shoot NTL

5: shoot off to bed

just blame Lexus !

unplug the mouse while the pc is turned on

if the mouse pointer still goes wild then check for something nasty

but If it only does it with the mouse in then I guess the opto sensors are fubar.

strong light can also make your mouse crazy

strange thing is once the pointer is recoverd its ok, i can use it without any problems untill i try to act on a hot spot, then it jumps, after that if i dont move the mouse the pointer sods off to the left, i think its some sort of low level prank virus, but CW Shredder, Norton, No Addwear cannot detect the problem, the real scary thing for me is that my whole web site is on this system and i cannot fit a cd rw on the WIN 98

Tony, if it really is getting that bad, PM me.

I'll arrange for some kind of back up of your computer, then you can get it upgraded, and we can arrange for all that data to be re-downloaded onto your new pc.

You can get really decent computers these days from Dell, from just £350 ...... and even better ones for about £500.

I'm sure we could arrange something ? :blush:

Tony, if it really is getting that bad, PM me.

I'll arrange for some kind of back up of your computer, then you can get it upgraded, and we can arrange for all that data to be re-downloaded onto your new pc.

You can get really decent computers these days from Dell, from just £350 ...... and even better ones for about £500.

I'm sure we could arrange something ?  :blush:

Thanks i think now is the time to act, i did buy an external dvd rw but the soft wear corrupted my system, in panic i deleted the program but that also deleted some of the directory, so it cost me £90 to have my e-mail and most of my site to be recoverd before i wiped the hard disk..100s of hours went into my site and i could not devote that time again in re-building, family come first, well ok second, you know more about this than me but untill i added two more pages on the site the whole site could be saved on a floppy, can i divide the save onto two discs.

Tony,

PM me your FTP log in details.

I'll log in from here, and download everything to a CD-R and post it to you.

thanks but i'm not to sure what you need? as you read i'm NOT to smart with computers, how i built a site *** knows, what i did was download "terrapin FTP" from NTL and they gave me a registration code is that what you need..

Theres a good free anti virus program available at http://www.avast.com/eng/free_virus_protectio.html this has a plug in for outlook 2000 too so will detect email viruses. Also a free firewall if you dont have on already (but i think you mentioned you have norton)anyway this is pretty good http://www.kerio.com/kpf_download.html

Theres a good free anti virus program available at http://www.avast.com/eng/free_virus_protectio.html this has a plug in for outlook 2000 too so will detect email viruses. Also a free firewall if you dont have on already (but i think you mentioned you have norton)anyway this is pretty good http://www.kerio.com/kpf_download.html

Thanks the email one will be the one i think i need..but i am really worried my whole web site is on this system and i have no way to save it, with luck Scarface can access my ftp and save the site onto a cd that help i "really" appreciate to the max, ( LOC team work ) what i would love to do is buy a new comp but i'm suffering from open wallet surgery at the moment, once i have the site safe then i feel that i can add more protection to the system, question: because of the nature of my site i have 100s of email in my inbox lots with attachments, i cant print them all off or my house will be full of paper but i need to reffer back to the customers problem, point is if the mail is still in the system can it re- infect?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links