Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Having Problems With Following Links?

Fidgits

Okay, the reason I'm posting this is because:

a. I was infected with this Virus/Trojan

b. I have spybot, Symantec etc, nothing picked it up

c. You might just have this and not know...

What happens is, when you click a link, say on a thread, that window locks up for about 30 seconds (you can open new ones) and you are unable to open the link.

Okay, its a trojan, a rather unsofisticated one.. the file is req.dat, which sits in your system32 folder.

Dont try doing a windows search, it wont find it, its a process.

I do have a fix... but it uses tools that would allow you to do some serious damage...

If anyone has this, and wants me to post the fix, I will, but I wont accept any responsibility if you wreck your computer...

Apparantly its a keystroke logger..

But as its not a very well written trojan, Im not sure how effective it is..

I knew I had a problem, and did a little web searching, and found the explination to what it was, and the process that was the culprit...

I found it buy using Hijack this, just download, save into a folder.

Run it, select 'system scan only'

You will get a long list of processes, and most of these you need...

you need to go down and look for c:\windows\system32\req.dat - if you see this file, you have the virus.

DO NOT CHECK ANY BOXES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CLICK 'fix checked' - this can do significant damage to windows...

try kaspersky anti virus, i had anti virus corp and it didnt detect anything, tried kaspersky and it found quite a bit of stuff ( on a comp i knew had viruses etc) so i dont have ANY faith in symantec/norton antivirus products

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links