Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200tt Dyno'ed

SpOcK

As far as I know you should use 5th gear, because it's the closest to the 1:1 ratio in the transmission.

Did the guy at the dynojet know, that the IS200 has 6 gears?? :unsure:

That looks WILD. Really nice to see some creativity :D

As you asked (hoping not to infringe on the advertising T&C's), we carry the steel rods and forged pistons in stock.

Where have you installed the sub injector?

That looks WILD. Really nice to see some creativity  :D

As you asked (hoping not to infringe on the advertising T&C's), we carry the steel rods and forged pistons in stock.

Price for the internals? PM me if you will...

The sub-injector can be (barely) seen on the second picture. It's just left to the last blue silicone hose on top of the throttle body (LHD car!).

As a rule of thumb, when turboing an originally N/A car, if EVERYTHING goes right, you can expect output results following this formula:

Used absolute pressure * N/A std output = ideal boosted output

So:

For N/A car take the current atmospheric pressure (=1bar) + used boost pressure, and multiply it by std bhp. Then you get the output that you can reasonably expect when boosted.

And to continue, in my case this means the following:

1.7bar * 155bhp = 263,5bhp

That alone would have been an ideal result, provided everything else would have gone also flawlessly.

What I got was 287bhp. Using the formula above, I shouldn't have had that result until using .85 of boost!

So I gained ~85% improvement in both power and torque, with nearly everything being stock. Go figure that out... :duh:

That looks WILD. Really nice to see some creativity  :D

Price for the internals? PM me if you will...

The sub-injector can be (barely) seen on the second picture. It's just left to the last blue silicone hose on top of the throttle body (LHD car!).

Oh I see, thank you. I suspect that the fuel distribution will be quite poor because the inlet manifold design is quite complex, and it will be impossible to ensure that each cylinder has the same fuel quantity. I reckon you will need larger injectors if you want to be safe with more boost.

Nice work B)

Oh I see, thank you. I suspect that the fuel distribution will be quite poor because the inlet manifold design is quite complex, and it will be impossible to ensure that each cylinder has the same fuel quantity. I reckon you will need larger injectors if you want to be safe with more boost.

Nice work  B)

I already bought a set of larger injectors (440cc), but found out just too late that they are too big for the eManage to handle... :crying:

It can only handle 1.5 times larger injectors compared to the std ones. There's a setting in Greddy to calculate the correction value for the new injectors, to still maintain good idling.

IS' std injectors are 220cc, so 1.5 times that is only 330cc. That makes my new injectors 110cc's too large... :crybaby:

The preblem's the injectors not being able to provide enough fuel, but the std ecu's :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: ability to relearn and negate all the changes made with the Greddy. Or any other piggy-back for that matter. How have you handled that? And I know that eManage has been successfully used with MKIV Supra, and I suppose that being also a Toyota, it must have a similar built-in relearning procedure in the std ecu?

I've thought about going to stand-alone ecu (Autronic, or similar), but then there's OBD-II. After market ecus don't have that, and without that you can't pass the MoT in Finland. Not always even WITH the OBD-II, but that's a whole another story...

EDIT: Oh, the rev limiter. I think I can live with it. At least for now. Otherwise, NOW the car is as it should have left the factory! :shifty::driving:

You can cheat the fuel need a bit.

The fuel flow depends on injector diameter and fuel pressure.

The greater the diameter in the injector, the more fuel it gets.

The higher the fuel pressure, the more fuel it gets. ;)

That's why I upgraded my fuel system.

With that system I can easily boost it over the 300-350HP area.

The ECU always tries to reach the correct AFR so you only need to change the hardware (fuel system or injectors or both) the ECU can use.

The ECU can only adjust the fuel with the injector timing.

When your pressure is too less and the injector timing is maxxed out..... then your HP is limited.

Do you raise the fuel pressure or the injectors or both, then the ECU can set the AFR again to handle more power.

Stock injectors on the IS200 are 240cc. ;)

They used it once on old 1.6L 4A-GTE or such.... ;)

I wouldn't raise the rev limit on stock internals.

The higher rpm creates more horizontal force onto the rods, they could bend and break. :crying:

On upgraded internals I'd raise it to 8000rpm or anything. B)

Nice work  B)

I already bought a set of larger injectors (440cc), but found out just too late that they are too big for the eManage to handle... :crying:

It can only handle 1.5 times larger injectors compared to the std ones. There's a setting in Greddy to calculate the correction value for the new injectors, to still maintain good idling.

IS' std injectors are 220cc, so 1.5 times that is only 330cc. That makes my new injectors 110cc's too large... :crybaby:

The preblem's the injectors not being able to provide enough fuel, but the std ecu's :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: ability to relearn and negate all the changes made with the Greddy. Or any other piggy-back for that matter. How have you handled that? And I know that eManage has been successfully used with MKIV Supra, and I suppose that being also a Toyota, it must have a similar built-in relearning procedure in the std ecu?

I've thought about going to stand-alone ecu (Autronic, or similar), but then there's OBD-II. After market ecus don't have that, and without that you can't pass the MoT in Finland. Not always even WITH the OBD-II, but that's a whole another story...

EDIT: Oh, the rev limiter. I think I can live with it. At least for now. Otherwise, NOW the car is as it should have left the factory! :shifty::driving:

That's right, the Greddy Emanage is way too basic to handle a job like this properly.

Maybe you should try Apexi Power FC of HKS FCON which can cope with almost any size injectors, OBD2 and can remap the open loop paramters.

Maybe you should try Apexi Power FC of HKS FCON which can cope with almost any size injectors, OBD2 and can remap the open loop paramters.

Please clarify the emphasized portion of your reply a little more! Did you mean to use the Power FC or FCON in piggy-back mode, or as a stand-alone? And how do they correlate with OBD? OBD2 is MANDATORY here in Finland to pass the MOT.

I've let myself to believe that there's no such aftermarket ECU which has the OBD "data logging". When I go to MOT, the inspection engineer plugs in his reader, and if there's no OBD2 found, or ANY of the OBD's internal test have failed, the car won't pass the inspection... :tsktsk:

So even if it otherwise wouldn't matter to me, because of the inspection it's a MUST to have the OBD. :angry:

Please clarify the emphasized portion of your reply a little more! Did you mean to use the Power FC or FCON in piggy-back mode, or as a stand-alone? And how do they correlate with OBD? OBD2 is MANDATORY here in Finland to pass the MOT.

I've let myself to believe that there's no such aftermarket ECU which has the OBD "data logging". When I go to MOT, the inspection engineer plugs in his reader, and if there's no OBD2 found, or ANY of the OBD's internal test have failed, the car won't pass the inspection... :tsktsk:

So even if it otherwise wouldn't matter to me, because of the inspection it's a MUST to have the OBD. :angry:

The FCON is OK with OBD2 in piggy back. You can see the injector timing changing on the monitor screen as you are mapping.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links