Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Contender

Mitch

anyone watch The Contender boxing reality show?

not keen on reality shows but love boxing and this shows amazing

sly stallone, sugar ray and 16 proffesional but unknown boxers competing against each other for $1million and all wins and losses go on there profesional boxing records

there's 8 boxers left now and round 2 starts next week.

the way they get treated after a team wins is amazing, they went to ceasers palace on a private jet this week to see the ring where the 2 final boxers fight for the million at ceasers palace they had girls around them and sly gave em $1000 each to gamble

****** off this week though, juan dela rosa quit coz after he won his fight last week and sent the other dude packing he decided to leave coz he had a cut eye, hurt his hand and something else and he said hes not risking his pro career for the show coz he dont heal easily (he's 18). as he was leaving he said he knows he would of got beat in 2nd round by one of the other guys and didnt wanna ruin his professional record...........so injury talk although he was injured, was bull****.

so they had to vote one of the other fighters back in this week and it finished before it showed who it will be

oh and this weeks fight was amazing, joey won with a torn hamstring that he couldnt walk on, real determination and heart

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.. i take it you switched the channel off after the end of the program.. as the advert for next weeks came on and it showed who they have brought back.. lol..

I wont spoil it for ya though.. :)

Its a class program.. and that dude who won the Toyota Tundra truck.. was well happy for him..

really???no i turned it off straight after it finished damn it

yeah his first ever car and it was brand new

was well happy on one of first weeks wen the west won and were taken to have custom made suits. they were saying how they dreamed of having a suit but could never afford it, they were so gratefull it was unreal. i take suits for granted and i felt really really happy for them wen i saw that

yea, good show! My money is on Alfonso at the moment, or Jesse

I know what happens for the next three weeks! But..... I won't spoil it for you either!

did you see that Najai commited suicide?

Top show...they left it on a good cliff hanger then spoilt it by showing what happens next! Doh!

I love the way they blatantly advertise the Toyota Tundra truck every episode. Even though there was no challenge this week they still managed to fit one in by giving it away as a prize (giving a good close up of the badge just in-case you didn't hear Sly mention it about 50 times!!!).... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yeah i heard about Najai commiting suicide, shot himself in the mouth while he was in the car with his wife........shame for his family

as long as bloody ahmed dont come back, couldnt stand him

yeah i heard about Najai commiting suicide, shot himself in the mouth while he was in the car with his wife........shame for his family

as long as bloody ahmed dont come back, couldnt stand him

:shutit: :whistling: :winky:

'number one hollywood'............ bull**** mr hann man, u come straight out of a comic book..........

yeah damn right his girl was fit bet she dumped him after he lost coz she said she couldnt take a loser home to daddy haha

taricks wife was well fit aswell and peters

if taricks wife was greek i'd be married tomorrow to her

I watch the Contender on a Friday night! (Thanks for spoiling it and letting me know what happens next week :lol:)

It is by far the best reality show on TV. I do feel sadened when you hear the tragic lives some of the boxers have had. They all seem pretty intelligent actually and not what you would expect of a boxer! I was shocked when I read about Najai Turpins suicide - what a tragic life and waste.

I quite like Peter Manifrado - it just seems fate (or a TV producers dream ;)) that he should loose his dream and then get a second chance, come back and get redemtion.

I didn't like "Baby Face" much - way too arrogant. Thinks he is Muhammed Ali, but not likable in the same way or anywhere near as charismatic!

Anees

baby face was arrogant and a wowwypop......wen he sparred wit sugar ray and was hitting him but taking it serious the he said "sugar ray, ex world champion and i made him look stupid" damn that annoyed me wanted to crack him......but all the rest of the boxers thought he was a wowwypop anyways glad Ishe beat him.

at the moment im not bothered who wins as they all good guys but next few weeks should be some class fights

I've also been watching it from the start. What a great show. I think they could show a bit more of the fight though and less of the crowd reaction. I think it does make the fight a bit more "Hollywood" the way they add the music and sound effects when showing a good punch in slow motion.

Shame about Najai.Thought he looked like a great boxer. Bit of a Mike Tyson when he was young and had the same sort of problems.

Ahmed is a wowwypop :shutit: :whistling: So is Ishe. The way he wouldn't go on the reward and turned down a watch. Cut his nose off there :duh:

Jesse or Peter Manfredo to win.

• 2 weeks later...
just gotta say, the next two fights on the contender are worth watching tonight

both stop early!

Have you all ready watched it? Are there 2 fights again tonight ( two episodes )?

That Little mexican fella, Alfonso, i think he might be the dark horse,

Ahmed was funny last week. Comes in shouting "The Champ is here", "The Champ is here" (Ali style) and then looses AGAIN!

LOL :hehe: 2- 0 - Not good. All that talk but no show!

He seems to be great in practice but doesn't know what to do when he gets into a proper match. I think potentionally he is/was one of the best - but as Sly said "short circuits in the ring"

I felt abit sorry for him actually (unlike the first time) when he lost - seems to have gained abit of humility.

Please don't talk about what is going to happen this week - I don't get to watch the programme until Friday.

I love it. Hate that guy (white skinhead arrogant guy , who's afraid to fight) can't remember his name.

This is one of the only things worth watching on TV, why is it on so late. This should be primetime.

J

that was a mini war ,he give it some heart though.

Definatley. Still think they should show more of the fight and less of the audiance though.

Would it be such a good fight if it hadn't had the "hollywood" treatment? (Music, Slow motion etc)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links