Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Im aboutt o get the new gs300 sel but i cant decide ont he colour

either the silver which i have seen but i havent seen pics of the caspian blue!

has nayone got a pic of the new gs with this colour at all angles?

i would be most grateful

thanks

Thanks but it doesnt have the caspian colour there!!

i really need to see one quick as i am ordering tomorrow!

Thanks but it doesnt have the caspian colour there!!

i really need to see one quick as i am ordering tomorrow!

I saw one of those caspian sky ones the other day and personally I didn't like it. It was one of those really light blues, but normally, those kinda colours are silver thats had a bit of blue put in it, but this one looks like a white thats had a bit of blue put in it, which makes it predominantly white

Sorry if that doesn't make any sense, but it seems to make sense to me! :hehe:

I'd go with silver, but its your car so buy the one you prefer :winky:

Hi Parthiban its me fromt he merc forum debating on the cdi

well i have decided for the lexus now!!

so caspian was not good, i still want to see a pic before putting ther order through

Hi Parthiban its me fromt he merc forum debating on the cdi

well i have decided for the lexus now!!

so caspian was not good, i still want to see a pic before putting ther order through

Hey mate, you finally went for the Lexus then? We're still undecided at the mo, what convinced you to buy the Lexus in the end?

Yeah it'd be a good idea to ring around all the dealers, and see if they've got a caspian sky car you could look at

If you scroll down on this page, theres some pics of what some people thought was caspian sky, seems to show up differently in different light

Caspian Sky

Black gets my vote!!  :D

Caspian Sky...... Hmmmm now there's a debate! Been there done that, seen only the paint sample but it is white with a hint of gray to me! Outdoors it ended up looking like primer.

Warning: IGNORE the brochure colour square! If it had been that we would have bought it, it is nothing like that on the paint sample and not on the car pics that I've seen either!

Now Athabasca Shale....... there's a nice colour to choose..... :blush:

Yeah, Yeah, I'm biased now ok! :P

Well does anyone know what other colour the caspian is the same as in another manufacturer?? and sure about it??

Well does anyone know what other colour the caspian is the same as in another manufacturer?? and sure about it??

That's just it! It's a one-off type mica/pearl finish no other manufacturer has an identical colour and I reckon you really would have to see it in the flesh to be sure!

Just my thoughts......

Hi,

Is the caspian sky like the very light blue/silver for the SL??

do you know what i mean?

Its not the colour in that pic, I think its a lot lighter, but that really white colour in a previous post is not caspian sky. They have one in that colour at Lexus Woodford and James in service wasn't sure what colour it was, but was sure it wasn't caspian sky :)

Arrgghhh so what the hell is it??

i really need to know!!

why is it so difficult??

I know how you feel!! We went through this agony over the colour, originally we had a GS300SE-L on order in Caspian Sky but after seeing pictures and the colour sample we cancelled and ended up with our Athabasca Shale GS430 :D

Check out my thread on the US website;-

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...t=glacier+frost

The US name for the colour is Glacier Frost and the pictures you see there are the ones that changed my mind completely!

I really think it is a colour you have to see i the flesh to be 100% sure.

Cheers.

I know how you feel!! We went through this agony over the colour, originally we had a GS300SE-L on order in Caspian Sky but after seeing pictures and the colour sample we cancelled and ended up with our Athabasca Shale GS430  :D

Check out my thread on the US website;-

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...t=glacier+frost

The US name for the colour is Glacier Frost and the pictures you see there are the ones that changed my mind completely!

I really think it is a colour you have to see i the flesh to be 100% sure.

Cheers.

If that is Caspian Sky, then they have one in the showroom at Lexus Woodford, might be worth a trip if its not too far. However, the service guy did seem quite sure that it wasn't caspian sky :unsure:

If that is Caspian Sky, then they have one in the showroom at Lexus Woodford, might be worth a trip if its not too far. However, the service guy did seem quite sure that it wasn't caspian sky  :unsure:

100% that that 'Glacier Frost' is the UK Caspian Sky alright, sounds like a Woodford trip would be the best idea for anyone considering it seriously now.

:driving:

Right, i have just got back and still AARRGGHHH

Even in flesh it is still so difficult to explain, it is the weirdest colour ever!!

please please if someone has this colour tell me what it is like in the sun or outside!!!!

:crybaby:

Even in flesh it is still so difficult to explain, it is the weirdest colour ever!!

please please if someone has this colour tell me what it is like in the sun or outside!!!!

Did you go down to Woodford then? Is that car in the showroom Caspian Sky? Gotta say I didn't like it too much when I saw it, looks too much like a metallic white. Does look fantastic in the sunshine, but otherwise just looks like a big white car :unsure:

Take a look here:-

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163294

Just been fitted up with chromed 18" rims, this is 'Glacier Frost' aka Caspian Sky (White/Grey!) Man it's a weird colour but the more I see it the more happy I am that we cancelled and went with Athabasca Shale!

PM me ref your pics I'll put them on a link for you if you want?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links