Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, first write up ive read by Jeremy Clarkson, and told us pretty much this, "its like an laser cut egg would be more cleaner cut than a faberge egg, but which would you rather have". In other words, buy Mercedes.

However he did thoroughly enjoy the car, said it was like being dead inside, cause there was just no noise anywhere, and said it was great how only important stuff was displayed, with everything else being hidden away by your right leg i.e. mirrors, boot release etc.

To finish, he also said that Lexus drivers are the types that play golf, smack their ho's, and attack people with submachine guns. Pesonally though, PIMP status don't bother me in the slightest :D

Sorry if you guys have heard this all b4, i never posted in GS forums b4.

GS430 was on test. Said fantastic in a straight line, wouldn't trust it at high speed cornering etc.

linkage

what a review.

2 pages.

1st page is about a japanese school girl who is car sick and cant use a spoon.

Then he talks about the car - and does not really say much at all.

Is this his normal standard of review - I only see him on Top Gear.

Hows does he keep a job delivering drivel like that?

I think its a very good review.....

agreed he does waffle on, He gives lots of good praise, but only one line where he says he dosnt like it, thats his choice, of course he is going to say its a clone of a merc...Merc have just given him a new one

YES!! Clarkson hates it.

lets hope he dislikes the IS even more.

do you really want to drive a car that someone like Clarkson admires?

yes Ford GT!! My mte took me for a spin in one, the one they used on driven i think it was, and yes, that was phenomenal

Clarkson? What? Buy a Mercedes (E Class presumably) rather than a GS?

Well if you like average build quality, average reliability, sales staff so arrogant they have to be seen to be believed, parts assistants who keep you waiting ages and a car that every other brainless wannabe exec feels obliged to drive, then go ahead, join the pack ... buy a Mercedes, and leave the those with taste and the ability to think for themselves to buy the GS.

I thankyou :winky:

UKPulse :D after reading your post it made my eyes light up :lol: ,i'll tell you for why. When I had my old Merc (94 model) I phoned up mercedes for the info on fuel economy and price for parts etc, mainly because I am not that rich, so thought it would be wise just to get some general info on how much things cost to replace. The answer I was given was and I quote " because of the age of the car (as it is quite old sir) we do not keep any of the information on our computers, so I can not really help you sorry good bye" but before this I had to get past a stuck up old cow(sorry. if that bit gets cut here is a clue mooooooo!) who wouldnt even give me the time of day. it still gets me mad now :angry: call me old fashioned but a little respect can go a long way

now on to the Lexus , and to be honest it was also the attitude of the dealership and the members on here that helped me make my mind up.

When I was thinking of getting the Lexus I phoned up the dealership in cambridge on help and prices, They couldnt do enough for me , and the lady I spoke to said, what age is your car sir that you are buying , I said 94 (expecting a lot of sniggering in the background but none came! :D ) she said to me would you like a brochure for it, I think we have one left in the archive. After a small wait she came back on the phone and said she had got a brochure and would post it to me, as it would be a nice thing to have with the car. Also if I ever need any advice just ring and they would see what they could do. So with the friendly welcome and help I got on here and the help from Lexus it swung it for me.

Clarkson? What? Buy a Mercedes (E Class presumably) rather than a GS?

Well if you like average build quality, average reliability, sales staff so arrogant they have to be seen to be believed, parts assistants who keep you waiting ages and a car that every other brainless wannabe exec feels obliged to drive, then go ahead, join the pack ... buy a Mercedes, and leave the those with taste and the ability to think for themselves to buy the GS.

I thankyou  :winky:

:crybaby: could not agree more:Clarkson talks crap always has. Mercs service record is poor, after sales poorer, reliability poor, the need for extreme wealth to run the thing a must as service costs a joke. two cars I had: e class 3.0 diesel and 3.2CDI e class, both poor on reliability, interiors poor quality, and not as economical as was suggested at purchase. Stick with your lexus and let them keep paying they deserve nothing more, a merc is no longer a status symbol just a mug mobile. :D

I used to like th guy, but the more he jibbers on about Jap being Crap etc, he just makes me angry. Noticed he contradicts himself far to much to.

The guys a *****. :angry:

At the end of the day, he's a journalist... and has made a lot of money by being opinionated.

He has done the same to Vauxhall, Ford, etc...

If he bothers you that much, my advice, dont read his articles, dont watch Top Gear and he'll never bother you again...

I used to like th guy, but the more he jibbers on about Jap being Crap etc, he just makes me angry. Noticed he contradicts himself far to much to.

The guys a *****. :angry:

Don't recall him saying Japanese cars are crap. From what i read of it, he seemed to like the lexus, a lot, he would just rather have a Merc because he thinks it is a far more superior car. His own opinion. He never said LExus was crap, and i think this can be further emphasised by the fact that i remember in the car surveys etc, including top gear, how highly ranked the all 3 lexus classes are (i.e. the IS, GS and LS).

And i also think that even JC admits the value for money, build quality etc of the lexus and of a lot of other Japanese cars (and i don#'t mean Toyota, seeing as tough they are almost the same thing).

If i am wrong, tell me otherwise. IMO, we are all entitled to our opinions, as indeed we are entitled to decide whether we acknowledge them or not.

Is JC good at what he does? If I wanted a journalist or presenter who is merely amusing and outrageous then JC would do quite nicely. If I want a motorising correspondent who provides fair, balanced and informative reviews or coverage of current issues, then he is not really up to it (or does not try hard enough).

As for the GS review, I have seen him slag off a recent Merc and the BMW 1 series even more, but that isn't the point. If I were his editor, I would have rejected the piece (or demanded revisions) on the basis that it was illogical and irrational. He is entitled not to like the car's appearance, or to describe the driving experience as bland or unsatisfying. We know what kind of car he does like (Ariel Atom for example or Ford GT) and I don't doubt that the big Lexus is not the right car for him. But in what sense is the car an 'imposter' or a 'Mercedes clone'? Clearly not in the sense that the soviet Concordski was a Concord clone. They are very different in lots and and lots of ways. Because like an E-class it is a large luxurious car? That is just nonsense. Is Mercedes the only company that should be allowed to build such things, or what? You do not clone a car merely by trying to build something better to rival it. Or is it that the Japanese are funny little people who are just not up to it? Words fail me on that point....

In the end, JC lets blind prejudice take over from proper journalism, so he is at heart a tabloid journalist, and perhaps he should write for tabloid papers instead (or does he write for both?).

Old Mercedes I have to admit were the ****, built like tanks, and would hardly ever break down on you...the new ones are just relying on the Mercedes Brand name and image, not to mention every tom, *****, harry, uncle, aunt, granny has one (where I live anyway).

JC is a funny bloke, as in laughing at him not with him. He thinks every guy is a rich pompous prat like himself who can go and buy a "prestige" car. In a recent Top Gear I watched (old series) they had a little Kia or Daihatsu or Daewoo or something (budget far east car), where EVERYONE liked the car considering it could be had brand new for £5000 and it was reliable, got to the point, didn't look too bad either, yet he didn't like it whatsoever. IMHO he should be the last person reviewing a car, he's TOO biased. A review should point the up's and down's of a car, compare them to other's NOT make bs comments about a car being..."A copy. A Mercedes clone."

The guy must've been on LSD or some other hallucigen when he was writing the article, as there's nothing similar about the GS series to ANY Mercedes.

(end vent/ramble).

exactomondo dudes............

now Vicki Butler-Henderson--that`s a different story. She can say what she likes about Lexus and i wouldn`t care. I would still eat her.............and shes on in 15 mins.

:wub::wub::wub::wub: :heart: :heart: :yahoo::yahoo::devil::flowers:

exactomondo dudes............

now Vicki Butler-Henderson--that`s a different story. She can say what she likes about Lexus and i wouldn`t care. I would still eat her.............and shes on in 15 mins.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :heart:  :heart:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :devil:  :flowers:

damn damn damn, i missed her. She is soooooo fine

i feel a new thread coming on......................but i saw her first.

shes certainly going to be wife No 2.

what a fox

proper woman.

don`t give me any of those airhead popstar celeb airheads.

i want VBH

on a plate

i`m bringing the sauce.

i`ll stop now.

:winky:

I think Clarkson is a funny man. I watch Top Gear purely for the comedy. Im not interested in his views on any car. I bought My Lex because I like them and its because its what I wanted. Its my second one because I liked the first one so much, I came back for more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links