Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Beaten By Nissan Murano...

So just read the autoexpress magazine for this week and they rated the Nissan Murano over the RX300.... though did say the main reason is lack or kit on base model RX300...which you get on the Murano for a similar price.

i think thats the problem with the Lexus brand now, they are not as "revolutionary" as they were when the different models appeared.

think 1989 when it caught out bm/merc with cost leadership

think rx when it stormed the suv market.

now all the other brands have caught up, the playing field has levelled somewhat.

nissan has undergone major strategic change and under their new boss is making massive gains in sales and credibility.

its all swings and roundabouts in the car industry though, and surprisngly the next revolution may come from the new ford!!!! :yack:

I think the murano looks ok, there's an infinity that looks pretty similar which i also liked the look of.

haven't seen the interior of one though.

from memory they seemed smaller than the current RX?

Doesn't do it for me. Looks like a renault on steroids.

The Lexus marque holds a lot more prestige than Nissan.

I personally would take home the "basic" RX to the Murano given a choice between the two.

Seen reports in recent weeks on the Murano in 'Autocar' and in 'What Car?' and they both said build quality and refinement wasn't a patch on the RX. Cheap interior I believe was the phrase used.

Seems like 'Auto Express' are out on there own on this one.

I was waiting for the 400 but the extra price put me off slightly.

The Murano came out around 6 weeks ago in the UK & the overall package impressed me.

I bought a blue one and have owned it for 2 weeks & done nearly 1000 miles.

I can honestly say that I am delighted with the car.

(I had a brand new rx300 demo for 2 days last September)

I personally prefer the Murano (but still LOVE the rx's)

Clarkson's views on the Murano- Murano 5 star rating out of 5 star (only other car to recieve this is Aston Martin DB9)

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0...1610992,00.html

Build quality- "You sit up high behind a dashboard that would not look or feel out of place in a Mercedes S-class."

Handling & ride "And now we’re getting to the really good stuff. You see, the problem with most big off-road cars, even those designed not to go off road, is that it’s hard to make them handle and ride properly. The body’s too big and too heavy and too far away from the road. .....And yet the Nissan is a joy."

Overall- "I’m struggling here to think of any reason why this should not get a five-star rating, the first time any car has achieved such a feat since the Aston Martin DB9. Honestly, I cannot think of a single thing wrong with it."

Stats-

VITAL STATISTICS

Model Nissan Murano

Engine V6, 3498cc

Power 231bhp @ 6000rpm

Torque 235 lb ft @ 3600rpm

Transmission Six-speed CVT

Fuel 23mpg (combined)

CO2 295g/km

Acceleration 0-62mph: 8.9sec

Top speed 124mph

Price £29,800

Rating Five stars

Verdict Impossible to fault

Sunday Times Motorimg supplement 15/05/05

Deany

I was waiting for the 400 but the extra price put me off slightly.

The Murano came out around 6 weeks ago in the UK & the overall package impressed me.

I bought a blue one and have owned it for 2 weeks & done nearly 1000 miles.

I can honestly say that I am delighted with the car.

(I had a brand new rx300 demo for 2 days last September)

I personally prefer the Murano (but still LOVE the rx's)

Clarkson's views on the Murano- Murano 5 star rating out of 5 star (only other car to recieve this is Aston Martin DB9)

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0...1610992,00.html

Build quality- "You sit up high behind a dashboard that would not look or feel out of place in a Mercedes S-class."

Handling & ride "And now we’re getting to the really good stuff. You see, the problem with most big off-road cars, even those designed not to go off road, is that it’s hard to make them handle and ride properly. The body’s too big and too heavy and too far away from the road. .....And yet the Nissan is a joy."

Overall- "I’m struggling here to think of any reason why this should not get a five-star rating, the first time any car has achieved such a feat since the Aston Martin DB9. Honestly, I cannot think of a single thing wrong with it."

Stats-

VITAL STATISTICS 

Model  Nissan Murano

Engine  V6, 3498cc

Power  231bhp @ 6000rpm

Torque  235 lb ft @ 3600rpm

Transmission  Six-speed CVT

Fuel  23mpg (combined)

CO2 295g/km

Acceleration  0-62mph: 8.9sec

Top speed 124mph

Price £29,800

Rating Five stars

Verdict Impossible to fault

Sunday Times Motorimg supplement 15/05/05

Deany

Thought about the Murano before buying my SE. Quickly discounted it though as it has an absurdly low (for a 4x4) towing weight limit.

This was something I considered before the purchase.

There are many variables that effect resale value.

The supply and demand is a major factor.

I'm hoping demand will be high because its a really nice car.

On the supply side Nissan are limiting sales to a 1000 units a year in the UK.

".........Just 1000 Muranos will be sold here each year........"

http://cars.msn.co.uk/Carreviewshome/Nissa...71045674165f2b1

This should have a positve impact on resale value.

Deany

May be a stupid question (please correct me).

But if you have just bought a Nissan Murano a couple of weeks ago why have you just become a member of LOC ?

I can't honestly think that any RX owner would "downgrade" to a Murano if they were looking for a new car.

But that is my opinion!

eh, Murano looked pretty crappy to me when I sat in it at Auto show... Small interior, 350z wannabe styling, shiny everything...

Plus, when you know that the same car is sold in the US for 10k less than RX, you smell it quite easily...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links