Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Setting (or Not) The Alarm

Hi everyone.

Just having a few niggles with the alarm (of the going off at 3 in the morning variety..!)

I've read on some earlier posts that locking the car with the Key rather than the fob will not activate the alarm...

Can anyone confrim this ?

Cheers.

Brutus.

As far as I know the alarm is still activated key or not.

The interior sensor in the IS is switched off by

(a) whilst the driver door is open lock the doors using the power lock button on the door panel (i think you have to press it three times)

(B) close the door and lock using the remote

or words to that effect. See your manual for further details

Oh, and it depends on what year your IS is.....

As far as I know the alarm is still activated key or not.

The interior sensor in the IS is switched off by

(a) whilst the driver door is open lock the doors using the power lock button on the door panel (i think you have to press it three times)

(B) close the door and lock using the remote

I do like this...

(1) Close all doors except the drivers door

(2) Press lock and then unlock (the button on the door panel)

(3) Do (2) THREE times until the security lamp flashes fast!

(4) Close the drivers door and lock the car using the remote!

This works neat on my IS200 SportCross -05! This neat trick lets me keep my dog in the car without having the alarm going off all the time!

Just having a few niggles with the alarm (of the going off at 3 in the morning variety..!)

Don't think many people have problems with the alarm going off like that so might be worth getting it checked out

Wouldn't want to not set the alarm and then have it broken into :ohmy:

be carefull, as this is a system that car thiefs have been using.

They basically keep setting the alarm off real late at night or early morning and you think there is a problem with the alram so turn it off as you don't want to ***** the neighbours off and then they have full access to your car.... :ph34r:

i would get it checked out to be on the safe side!!!!

Jason :P

From my understanding, there is no way to "not" arm the alarm.

You can however disable the interior sensor.

if its an earlier model (i think pre 01), you just need to close the door, lock with ur remote as usual, then press the lock on ur remote again. This will cause ur blinkers to flash 5 times, which means ur alarm is armed, but no interior sensor detection (only hard door sensors).

Good to know it's nice and simple to not activate the alarm then... :blink:

Mine is a 00 plate, i've tried the double button press and that seems to disarm the interior part...

Not thought of the possiblity of it being set of on purpose so i turn it off.... annoyingly devious that!

Brutus

Good to know it's nice and simple to not activate the alarm then... :blink:

Mine is a 00 plate, i've tried the double button press and that seems to disarm the interior part...

Not thought of the possiblity of it being set of on purpose so i turn it off.... annoyingly devious that!

Brutus

I have just programmed my key fobs to get the alarm and double locking working so I have been playing around with the locks an stuff. As far as I can tell from the manual, for mine at least a 99 T plate, locking with the key fob once locks all the doors and sets the alarm, pressing the lock button twice disarms the radar sensors indicated by 5 flashes of the indicators. However, locking the doors without the electronics by locking the doors with the lock button then locking the drivers door with the manual key does not set the alarm. More importantly it does not set the double locking feature is your car has the double locking so the doors are not deadlocked ! The normal door lock will be locked however.

The best way to lock the car is electronically so you should try to get to the bottom of your false alarms. :winky:

Hi everyone.

I've read on some earlier posts that locking the car with the Key rather than the fob will not activate the alarm...

Can anyone confrim this ?

Cheers.

Brutus.

Hi

I have got a 2001 200 se, and as far as I know, the only way not to set the alarm is to lock the passenger front and rear doors by using the locking button on each door and then finally locking the drivers door with the key. Other members have spoken about pressing the key fob button twice to disable the interior sensor, but on mine pressing twice sets the deadlocks.

Get the wiring checked out as there is a known problem with alarm wiring failure. My 200 had to have part of the wiring loom replaced to sort out false alarming. Hope that helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links