Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tdi Stage 1 Boost Upgrade Or S/c Boost Upgrade

huichao

Hi all,

I am wondering has anyone installing it and run it for awhile. I want to know the performance and relibilty of it.

I think there are more tuning potential for the s/c just don't know how much more that I can expect it to pump out. I think another 50hp would be perfect. Does anyone know what type of upgrade and how big of the pulley I can use? I live in Taiwan with I think I am probably the only one with the s/c so the support is very limited.

I hope you guys can help.

There are approximately 10 stage 1 upgrades running now. We are not aware of any problems so far.

You cannot install only the boost upgrade pulley kit as there are other issues to deal with, such as fuelling etc etc.

Mark

i think for extensive works you have to upgrade the pistons, conrods and fueling sysyem as well as the engine management for it all to worjk without melt down, but i could be wrong

You need a return fuel line fitted along with a regulator,upgraded piggy back ECU,the pulley.

This increases the BHP to approximately 240/250 BHP

Dark_IS200 had this conversion done by Tdi and is happy with his car.

You may need to change the clutch after a while :winky:

I have an automatic, is this going to be a problem? I think 240/250 would be perfect for this car. I don't drive over 180KM/HR. I am looking for Trque instead of HP. Also, do you know what boost is he running? How big of the pulley is he using?

You need a return fuel line fitted along with a regulator,upgraded piggy back ECU,the pulley.

You may need to change the clutch after a while  :winky:

You may need to change the clutch after a while  :winky:

I didnt know you could get all this BHP with this dave, do you know what the cost is or what Dark-IS200 paid :question: are you thinking of doing this :question:

i remember them saying it all had to be custom and takes time to run the lines etc - if i remember the costs should have been a couple of thousand

We can still do the stage 1 as has traditionally been done, but we are looking at a new method so it would be worth while waiting for a while as it may be more cost effective.

Mark  :)

sounds interesting! need a guinipig?

We can still do the stage 1 as has traditionally been done, but we are looking at a new method so it would be worth while waiting for a while as it may be more cost effective.

Mark  :)

Thanks for that Mark :D if your new warrington site can do this :question: i would be intrested :D

i remember them saying it all had to be custom and takes time to run the lines etc - if i remember the costs should have been a couple of thousand

Think its 2 days to do the fuel line upgrade.

Also Dark_IS200 has an equal length manifold fitted at the same time

Actually I am kind of surprised that noone here actually mess around with the TTE supercharger a bit. I mean study it a little bit. I still can't figure what RPMs the charger is running at what boost pressure. Any type of roots blower should easily be able to increase the overall performance by 40%. Right now, there is only about 33% increase in performance. We should be able to gain another 10% out of it without any problem.

Mark, do you know what boost pressure is the charger running? and for the Stage 1 upgrade, what boost pressure are you running? I know some of the guys here in Taiwan has been able to run the boost of SLK230 to .7bar without any problem.

the TTE s/c as fitted to the IS is running at .3bar which is about the max it can do due to fuel supply problems (hence the fuel line up grade) the stage 1 goes to .5 bar I was looking at stage 2 which would have been .8 bar....it could go to 1 bar but the extra hear generated would have negated the extra boost (this is what Mark said to me)

I then decided to go turbo..........

to get more BHP you could get a better manifold replace the cat/back box

I'd take care with an auto as I know of 2 that where at 240/250 and blew the transmissions up.

the TTE s/c as fitted to the IS is running at .3bar which is about the max it can do due to fuel supply problems (hence the fuel line up grade) the stage 1 goes to .5 bar I was looking at stage 2 which would have been .8 bar....it could go to 1 bar but the extra hear generated would have negated the extra boost (this is what Mark said to me)

I'd take care with an auto as I know of 2 that where at 240/250 and blew the transmissions up.

Instead of the fuel line upgrade, why not just do a bigger fuel pump, fuel regulator and some larger injectors for .6 setup. Which would be 250ish, right?

Instead of the fuel line upgrade, why not just do a bigger fuel pump, fuel regulator and some larger injectors for .6 setup. Which would be 250ish, right?

This may be the set up Mark is looking at.

I'm looking at something similair for the Prolex-UK turbo conversion. :ph34r:

This may be the set up Mark is looking at.

I'm looking at something similair for the Prolex-UK turbo conversion. :ph34r:

There are several turbos on the island. One is done by HKS Taiwan who does the this setup. However, the boost pressure can still be only somewhere around .6 bar due to the automatic transmission. What they did is upgrade the fuel pump and injector to 800CC. I don't believe there is a fuel regulator involved.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links