Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Invalidating warranty

No - as brake pads are not covered by warranty anyway.

If you want to really make a difference to brake dust, you'll need to change the discs too.

I have greenstuff pads on my GS300, with EBC discs on the front and the original discs on th back. I get more dust on the back than the front now.

• 3 months later...

Wher can you get these Green stuff pads from ? Also discs? I have a GS300 Sport MK1 and wanna keep those rims dust free.

Thanks

Originally posted by Rodders_UK

No - as brake pads are not covered by warranty anyway.

If you want to really make a difference to brake dust, you'll need to change the discs too.

I have greenstuff pads on my GS300, with EBC discs on the front and the original discs on th back. I get more dust on the back than the front now.

Originally posted by Jimmy Ten Toes

I am getting fed up with the amount of brake dust I get on the front wheels and am thinking of fitting the Greenstuff pads, will this invalidate my warranty

As I understand, Lexus cannot invalidate your warranty for doing 'anything', unless the changes you make can be proven to be directly responsible for the fault.

This certainly cannot apply to routine consumables such as brake pads.

Thats right Matt. I contacted Lexus before I fitted my HKS and they said that although they do not approve the fitment of any aftermarket accesories, as long as it can be proven that the part has not directly caused a fault, it will not affect your warranty.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links