Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is There A Difference

Guys

I have recently had my dreaded Err3 stereo replaced by Lexus under warrenty. I now have the brand new replacement stereo with the CD slot at the top.

I have the six speaker system or S model IS200. My question is:

Could my stereo be put into an IS Sport model with the AMP and 8 speaker setup?

Is the only difference between th 6 speaker setup and the 8 speaker setup the AMP? Or are they different headunits too?

If it helps here are pics of my stereo that maybe somebody could compare with that of an IS200 Sport stereo

P5310006.jpg

P5310001.jpg

HELP

As your car is a 2001 model you must have always had the stereo with the slot at the top as this was introduced in mid - late 2000? So you must have had the same stereo as your original one replaced under warranty?

Like I said in a previous post I didn't think it was possible to interchange the stereo with the slot at the bottom and the one with the slot at the top as the connections where the looms plug in @ the back are differnent on each one. I looked into this for a mate once.

I don't think the six speaker stereo will work in an SE/Sport as it must have an integrated amplifier (as opposed to the seperate amplifier in the SE/Sport) in order to power the speakers. As for physical appearance, both look the same whether you have 6 or 8 speakers.

The only advantage of having the 6 speaker system is that its much easier to change to an aftermarket h/u as all you need is a adapter lead to convert the Lex OEM loom to ISO which then just plugs into your new h/u and you're up and running. On the 8 speaker cars you need to find some sort of adapter that takes the pre-amp outputs on your aftermarket h/u and convert them to feed into the Lexus OEM amp or else bypass the OEM amp altogether and route new cables to each speaker. Someone mentioned something about the OEM speakers having a strange impendence so they may not even work without the OEM amp in which case you would have to install new speakers too.

so where are these 8 speakers i have the sport model and it s 1999 v palte and have 2 tweeters at the top of front doors 2 on front door and the 6x9 style ones int he parcel shelf??

did all the sprt models come witha spekaer upgrade and amps etc??

thanks

so where are these 8 speakers i have the sport model and it s 1999 v palte and have 2 tweeters at the top of front doors 2 on front door and the 6x9 style ones int he parcel shelf??

did all the sprt models come witha  spekaer upgrade and amps etc??

thanks

The two speakers and tweeters in the front doors count as 4.

Each of the rears are classed as 2 per side which is also 4, hence 4 up front and 4 in the rear.

All UK IS200 SE and Sport models have the 8 speaker setup. The rears on the 8 speaker cars also have the "Lexus" logo on them whilst the 6 speaker cars don't. Euro IS200 Sports don't seem to have the 8 (maybe it was an option)

did all the sprt models come witha  spekaer upgrade and amps etc??

thanks

Your mailbox is full so I can't pm you any more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links