Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Red IS200 - Wise or foolish?

Ssowa

Didn't realize my choice of colour would cause such a debate. I haven't seen any IS 200 with an unattractive colour. I have seen "look at me yellow" altezzas and a few whites at the IS 200 "Drive" organised by Lexus in the summer of 1999.

Really its what beats under the bonnet that counts. I recognize green when I see it. And thats the colour in the eyes of A4/C-class/3-Series drivers at traffic lights accompanied by the occassional thumbs up.

I doubt the concerns about resale of red IS 200s. Discontinuance of my colour adds to its appeal. Sorry chaps but......Aztec fire rules ok!:flaming:

Thanks everyone for your opinions on my question "Red IS200 - Wise or foolish?".

It would seem that most people think that Red is an acceptable colour for the IS200 - I might well buy one in that colour now.

However, I must say that when I asked about "Red", I did mean the Scarlatti Red - I personally think the Aztec Fire red is absolutly disgusting! - would no drive a car that colour in a million years myself. Perhaps the reason it is no longer available as an option is because not many people like it.

Originally posted by Chris Shipley
Originally posted by ricky_is200

now, now Chris, don't start a fight with djanderso and Lx1!

I think Aztec Fire is a nice colour especially when the sun is shining on it

So not a brilliant choice for blighty then Chris:lol::lol::lol:

I though Lexus stopped producing Aztec Fire ones because they were not selling. I was told that pearl white, green and aztec were the worst sellers by my dealer, thats why they stopped making them.

I once had a red Celica in 2000 and the colour hit me so much that sometimes I felt like wearing shades.

For my Lexus I settled for Kensington Green. Ref the red colour it was however:

easy to clean and to touch up stone chips compared with the Kensington Green which looks great when polished but shows every dust mark and cannot be touched up. I am interested in seeing a red Lexus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links