Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kerbed My Alloy

SHAHZ

So i pulled out of the drive this morning, realised i had forgotten something, pulled up along side the kerb in a hurry & crunch :shutit: :shutit: :crybaby::angry: man im P****D, not one scratch on any of my wheels, to top it of its lifted a piece of the tyre, im hoping its just a flesh wound :crybaby:

post-5386-1117647015.jpg

post-5386-1117647210.jpg

Mine are all kerbed to thanks to the wife :shutit:  .....but hey its only cosmetic,nothing a refurb cant put right.

So when you've calmed down a bit think about refurbing them :D

Your right Pete its only cosmetic, if i wasnt about to jump on the property ladder it would have been a perfect excuse to get some 18"s :whistling: ....will prolly keep an eye out on eBay for another rim there always floating about there :driving:

Mine are all kerbed to thanks to the wife :shutit:  .....but hey its only cosmetic,nothing a refurb cant put right.

do you know a cost to refurbing them and what it entails?

Thanks

Thanks

Its normally around £50 a wheel there are a number of places, not sure of them off the top of my head though :unsure:

Thanks

As your in the midlands try these Here.. :D

How deep is that cut in the tyre? I had one once that was slightly deeper than that appears to be, and had the tyre replaced to be on the safe side, wouldn't want it to blow out at speed

How deep is that cut in the tyre? I had one once that was slightly deeper than that appears to be, and had the tyre replaced to be on the safe side, wouldn't want it to blow out at speed

Not very deep at all, but will get it checked out just to be safe :)

There goes the geom :crybaby: anyhoo the tyre looks safe :D

:crybaby: I know mate although it was more that the wheel slipped off the kerb rather than rubbing along side the kerb, none the less still prolly :tsktsk: it up :angry:

There goes the geom :crybaby: anyhoo the tyre looks safe :D

:crybaby: I know mate although it was more that the wheel slipped off the kerb rather than rubbing along side the kerb, none the less still prolly :tsktsk: it up :angry:

the suspension must now be settled, in veiw of events why not come back in for the "fine tune"

the suspension must now be settled, in veiw of events why not come back in for the "fine tune"

When you back at work Tony :question:

Wednesday :crybaby: The fine tune is important for many reasons, most of all to the members here in LOC? "how" can i explain?... When i lowered Scarfaces car and recoved the geometry i understood that the suspension will need to "relax" and i used his car as a scale to measure how much this "relax" would affect the geometry, the inital "fine" tune showed a "massive" disparity between the recovery set-up and the fine tune within 500 miles, the next test is in another 500 miles, this should show a stable geometry ( i hope ) and from this LOC can have a scale for the geometry after lowering, the point of all this is....? "dont" assume the the geometry after lowering the car is "job gone"... see you soon. :D

Tony, ive done 700 miles since and probably will have done another couple of hundred before i get to you, will give you a call on wed morning to arrange a booking :)

Please do :D "sorry" if this reads like you are a "guinea pig" within this area! you are not, both you and Scarface are being "closely monitored" by me @ £0 cost, once done you can drive away wear free and we here at LOC will be able to "map" the results.

Tony, ive done 700 miles since and probably will have done another couple of hundred before i get to you, will give you a call on wed morning to arrange a booking :)

Please do :D "sorry" if this reads like you are a "guinea pig" within this area! you are not, both you and Scarface are being "closely monitored" by me @ £0 cost, once done you can drive away wear free and we here at LOC will be able to "map" the results.

Not at all mate, glad i could be of assistance :blink: :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links