Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gearbox oil change

jenners

They did that to my car as well, when I started the car and drove out of the dealership, I was still having the gears sticking, took it back and pointed it out to the service guy. The response was to give it time. I'm now 6 months down and they still don't want to accept that there is something wrong with the gearbox. Pity that Lexus is so tight with warranty stuff after having spent so much on the car.

I to have the infamous 1st to 2nd "clunk" and have been arguing the toss with my Dealer for 6 months now trying to get it sorted.

After 3.5 mths my Dealer swapped my clunky gearbox for one from their own Demonstrator car. Unfortunately, that box was worse. Its now been another 2.5 months complaining, culminating in a visit from the Service Manager from my Dealership and Neil Jones, Customer Care Manager for Lexus UK.

Both drove my car whilst I sat in the back and I pointed out each time the box clunked changing gear. I was assured that it was a normal "characteristic" of the box and that they all did that.

I must say that I felt like I was being completly fobbed off - a £20k car, top of all the car polls, all with clunky gearboxes .... I dont think so !!

Both suggested changing the gearbox oil for a heavier oil which would make it quieter but more difficult to change gear.

I opted not to bother with the oil change.

I have spoken to other IS200 owners who have no problem whatsoever with their gearbox ........ yet.

Please let me know if you go ahead with the gearbox oil change and if it makes any difference.

Good luck.

Pete

hhmmmmm.......... its interesting they suggested going with a thicker oil. In my case, they used a thinner weight oil and its done nothing to cure the problem. If anything, the clutch release bearing is making a much louder noise than it has ever been. Even that is meant to be a normal 'characteristic'!!

• 1 month later...

Long delay in me getting to the dealer but I finally managed a vist today. Turns out an oil change is not in order since it would not solve the problem. Apparently, it needs a new 2nd gear and a new selector fork. Waiting to hear when they can do the work.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links