Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A Request For Assistance From The Bbc

eXOBeX

The Speed Trap Bible have received a request for help for a BBC program and hope that some of you may be able to assist -

This message sent on behalf of the BBC's "Inside Out" current affairs documentary programme.

Ever traded speed camera penalty points?

Have you paid another motorist to pretend they were driving your car so you could avoid disqualification?

Or have you yourself been paid to take the rap?

The BBC documentary programme "Inside Out" is compiling a report on the trade and wants to hear from those

who've been involved.

What kind of money changes hands? How did you make contact with the motorist with whom you traded points?

Did all go according to plan? Looking back, how do you view what you did? Would you do it again?

We are focusing on individuals who've been involved in a business transaction rather than those who've taken points

for a spouse or partner.

If you have a story to tell please call, in strict confidence, Giles or Rachel on 0121-567-6181

I know some people that do this. Not family and i wouldn't say they are friends either. I was offered £250 to take 3 points for speeding. As he was a lorry driver already with points so couldn't have any more. He didn't seem to understand why i dont want 3 points on my ( so far clean) liscence. As it would affect my insurance anyway and the insurance of the company van i drive.

In the end i told him to :tsktsk: off and stick the money up his arse. Stupid wowwypop :angry:

I hope it really is in confidence, because people are being invited here to offer a legally admissible confession to a common law offence of perverting the course of justice (for which they could potentially go to jail for several months). Doing it for money would surely be seen as a grave aggravating feature. Don't do it (obviously!) but if you have already done it don't fess up.

Its just same as underage s*x and people generally havent been brought up in court after such programs for statutory rape.

I dont think they are allowed to pass details on without your say (legal someone know this???)

anyway i havent done this, although think my uncle used my grans.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links