Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering

But will a 30mm drop make such a difference.??

Even if you lower 30mm you WILL have trouble with some large speed bumps. You should be ok over most of them - I do have trouble when the car is fully loaded however. :blink:

Ye but a sport is 15mm lower, so its only another 15mm. Can 3cm make that much difference?

I used to think that - but I have learnt that mm's make all the difference! :D

I'm not saying you are going to have trouble over normal bumps when its just you in the car. What I am saying is that when your carrying 4+ passengers then car will be even lower due to their weight and then you can run into trouble.

In my area I have some HUGH bumps (more like mountains) and even with just me in the car I do scrape over them! :ph34r: But these are seriously big! (I read that by Europeon Law speed bumps couldn't be any bigger then 75mm?? :question: )

I know its "cool" to say your car is slammed down and it looks good - but you have to consider practicality. If your area is swarming with big speed bumps and your car is a family car that is usually carrying 4+ passengers then you are going to struggle abit. My dad annoys me sometimes when he is in the car because he keeps saying that I am going too slow over bumps and annoying the car behind! I'm thinking :shutit: .... I'm not going that slow. It can be funny when you have a 4x4 behind you howver :lol:

Ride is also harder on bad roads.

I hope I'm not putting you off but I spend alot of time in the inner suburb areas of Oldham which frankly have the most bumps and worst roads I have ever seen!! :yack: My view is influenced alot by the type of roads I am on daily. If I lived in an area with few bumps and nice roads then I would be saying got for it! :hehe:

30mm isn't much at all...

there will be thousands of std. road cars that will sit lower than a is200 lowered 30mm.... so u should be be okay over 90% of speed bumps.. unless u live where Anees does...

i can still get over newport pagnell speed bumps, tendercam will know which i mean...

is200 not lowered looks weak imo, doesn't have the stance or presence of a lowered one..

Haha, mine is a sport, and if I have a car full of comrads, I have major issues over speed bumps, even in first gear with careful positioning (you should see the queue of ****** off traffic behind me). This is why I have chosen not to have any friends and only a slim bird sitting on my side :D

I sympathise with you Mr Morse- when I had my old Civic, I was parking up and I had a friend of mine sitting in the back (who was a power lifter/fat *****) and as I approached the kerb, my car got trapped on it so he had to get out just so it wouldnt scrape all the way back off the kerb- the scary thing is my car wasn't even lowered :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links