Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Improve Handling And Save Money

Took my Sportcross down to Watford today - and what a difference! Now that the geometry and wheel alignment has been sorted by a real enthusiast the car feels MUCH better. Tony took the best part of 2 hours to expertly get the right balance of geometry to both improve handling and reduce uneven tyre wear.

At my last service (9K miles ago) the dealer put on new front tyres and did a "full geometry". Yet there's already inner wear on both tyres. This has been sorted today so hopefully I'll get a decent life out of these tyres - so recouping the cost (and then some).

The big difference has come in the handling - the car "sits down" much better under acceleration and really flies round corners - sooooooooo much more fun - had a smile on my face all the way home :D

If you live anywhere near Watford or are just passing I'd recommend a visit.

Took my Sportcross down to Watford today - and what a difference! Now that the geometry and wheel alignment has been sorted by a real enthusiast the car feels MUCH better. Tony took the best part of 2 hours to expertly get the right balance of geometry to both improve handling and reduce uneven tyre wear.

At my last service (9K miles ago) the dealer put on new front tyres and did a "full geometry". Yet there's already inner wear on both tyres. This has been sorted today so hopefully I'll get a decent life out of these tyres - so recouping the cost (and then some).

The big difference has come in the handling - the car "sits down" much better under acceleration and really flies round corners - sooooooooo much more fun - had a smile on my face all the way home  :D

If you live anywhere near Watford or are just passing I'd recommend a visit.

u think it handles well now? ... wait til u put on a set of anti roll bars (front and back). U'll be amazed at how a cheap little piece of metal tubing can improve cornering so much. ;-)

u think it handles well now? ... wait til u put on a set of anti roll bars (front and back). U'll be amazed at how a cheap little piece of metal tubing can improve cornering so much. ;-)

True... the point is the IS has the ability to handle like a "babe" but the geometry denies it and costs £ssss in tyre wear. When the geom is corrected "most" owners are "shocked" with the difference in the handling.

cant be to far man I live in Essex and took a trip up to tony's it was well worth the trip. A couple of hours later tony performed a few tweeks and even with an unexplaned caster angle that lexus still cant explane the car just feels totally different in a good way.

never to far man.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links