Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question For People Who Own Automatic Altezzas

slapmatt

Do you wish you'd bought the manual?

I've seen a very nice Altezza, but with an auto box - I'm not sure if I'm ready for a lazy gearbox!

Any advice?

I've just Picked up a 52 plate IS200 and it's auto, my wfe only drives an auto and although she has an auto, i think i made the right choice. if you want speed then start modding, you never know there may not be very many moded autos out there. But it feels a little gutless compared to my 206 GTI, but that was a light weight compared to the IS200 (and not very reiable) :)

Hi,

not altezza but I bought a tip fto and I regretted it after about a month. You couldn't utilise the car properly and I felt disconnected from the actual driving experience. I know you select the gears but I totally learned from being impatient. I waited for months to get the right car and am soooo glad I did...... all I could suggest is take it for a test drive if poss and compare. you say you're in swindon? whereabouts as I live in wroughton.

If you like autos and have always owned them then no brainer, but I really do think it has to be manual (6speed box to utilise all the engines capabilities)

Oli - You've hit the nail on the head - I have had an auto before, but that was a Honda Civic, so we won't even go there, and I love the 6-speed manual I currently have in my Alfa.

It's just that most of the Altezzas you see for sale are autos - but you're right, I;m being impatient and I need to wait for the right car to come along.

I live in Old Town, Swindon, at the bottom of Kingshill Road. I drive throught Wroughton every day, as I work at Halcrow in Burderop Park. I can't say I've ever seen your car in Wroughton though!

Well mine is a black legana'd, spoileress, altezza with white rims (in summer, black in winter)

Have patiance you will find one you like eventually or you get bored an d go for a different car!

Can't believe you haven't seen me as I drive to old town everyday to pick up my lil' un from the in laws and work in swuindon town centre (although I bus it!)

girly driving an altizzle in swindon???

I've never seen any altezza in swindon, I have seen a black IS with no grill and also a granite sky IS with england badged number plate and spoiler

no altizzle tho '

Yeah I pick up my boy from the golden bell fish bar (in laws) in old town around 5.45pm

what alfa you drive?

I have an Auto RS200 and I love it.... I like the fact you can be lazy in traffic and then blast it with the buttons on the steering wheel when needed.

I have driven both manual and auto .... if it's performance you are after go for the manual....

I prefer the auto... but I also drive an auto 300zx so i'm used to it!!!

Try both and then decide??

Hope that helps

I've seen a very nice Altezza, but with an auto box - I'm not sure if I'm ready for a lazy gearbox!

Any advice?

I am driving an auto one and I love it :heart: . My advice is to try both and decide for yourself :driving:

Any advice?

alright m8 bought an alteza a couple of months ago its ma first lexus and wont b my last it has a auto box i have not had the chance 2 drive a manual but its still quick and can switch 2 manual and go up n down gears on the stearing wheel so yes go get it happy driving

Everyone will have their own opinon

Best bet is to try both and then decide

As said if you want outright performance go for a manual

My RX has tiptronic on it and when the need arises (Not very often) i change gears myself.

Saying that Autos now learn how you drive and reacts accordingly.

(Very soon they will start driving themselves or try and take over the roads)

The Choice Is Yours

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links