Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

exhaust header

asinn

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. We want to make the best parts possible but not many people want to pay what it costs.

If I can get a feel for what people would be willing to pay for a manifold, I will see if I can can get them made at an acceptable quality for that price. If not I will let you know.

Opinions this way please...

My thoughts did not travel down to my fingers very well.

What I forgot to mention was that if we can have them made at an acceptable price and quality, we may be able to offer that as an option to the custom built manifold currently offered. The one we currently make is very complex as so is expensive to make.

actually from the photo on your website,

why aren't you making the header similar to the hks header for altezza but for is200

when i saw the photo, it looks more like a few bended metal pipes and it looks very ugly.....

whats the difficulty in making the header?

i thought the oringal header is quite restrictive so can't you copy one but with bigger diameter pipes or smoother internal?

Originally posted by Jimmy Ten Toes

I have never bought a performance exhaust manifold b4 so I apologise if my pricing is well off.

In my current financial position (buying house in the South East! = BAD) I would be happy paying between £400 and £500 max inc vat for the parts.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Assuming that it is proven to produce a performance increase, that is.

:D

The reaon that we have designed as we have is to get the correct exhaust lengths.

It is not possible to get the correct lengths with the bends.

As I said before we may be able to have them made to a compromise, but it depends on how much people are prepared to pay

Mark :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

mark,i understand that as a custom manifold,these have to be hand built,but as part of the development phase,why not build a jig,to replicate the positioning of the cylinders1-6 and the centre section,then surely these can be built to order on site and shipped out........i know the cost of a jig would raise costs,but then you will surly get more orders for a shipped item,rather than a purely on site built item,as there are many around the world that would be intrested in this item.

just my 1euro and 3 cents worth

tell me to shut up if you wish :blink:

Mat

It's not the jig that's the problem. Becasue it is such a complicated shape it takes a long time to manufacture - that's why they are currently so expensive.

The plan is to produce a simpler version which will be easier to manufacture and so reduce the price. It will look more conventional and won't be as good, but the is200 is screaming out for a better manifold, so anything better that standard is a step in the right direction.

.........and don't get me started on the Euro :angry:

The plan is to produce a simpler version which will be easier to manufacture and so reduce the price. It will look more conventional and won't be as good, but the is200 is screaming out for a better manifold, so anything better that standard is a step in the right direction.

Mark,

Is this already in the pipeline or is this something for the future?

Cheers

It is in the pipeline but the problem we have is that we cannot make them economically in house, and we are struggling to find a contractor that can make them to the standard that we want for a decent price, but we are working on it.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links