Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Creaking Noise from Under Car

Cari

Hi Everyone:

I wish I had found this site prior to paying $300 to have my rotors resurfaced ... especially when I say the post from the guy who managed to have it covered under his warranty. Ugh!

Anyway, my question is this. After my last couple of service appointments I hear this creaking noise underneath the left hand side of my car (toward the front). The first service tech I took it to said it was was a problem inherent to GS300s and that it had to do with the steering (loose part?). Anyway, it's happening again and this new service tech has no idea what I'm taking about. Please prevent me from going nuts and tell me that someone else has had this problem...

Thanks!

Can you give us a bt more info please -

Is the car left hand drive?

When does it creak - what speed? / when you are turning? / over bumps? / in reverse etc etc

Could it be a suspension creak? - try getting someone heavy to sit on a front wing and move the suspension up and down - does that make it creak?

Let us know - I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

turning back from Lex, OK they rectify my front brake disks (surfacing it both), they add a strong grease on calipers base, they inspected all the front frame, adding grease on silent blocks, verifying all srews, they took off the front stabilizer bar and re-install it.

Now no noise :o)

So maybe ask to your dealer to see that ways

What a pleasure to drive back the big 3L engine after the Yaris they let me today

Best regards

Vince

Hi Again:

Thanks for the responses. In answer to the questions my car is a left hand drive.

It only creaks/knocks when I'm driving over uneven pavement (dips) or over curbs.

I thought of the suspense creak and jumped up and down :D on the left wing but nothing.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Cari

I've got the same noise on mine, especially when going over speed ramps or another bumps in the road. It seems to disappear when the car warms up so I drive more slowly over speeds ramp untill the car warms up and the noise is gone. I put it down to the anti-roll bar being a little dry from grease. (I hope) but mind you, the car is 12 years old now so I'can't expect the car to be silent all the time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links