Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Washer Bottle

:) As it say's I want to remove my washer bottle, when you use the old washers there is a smell which is not very nice sorta like washer fluid and something that comes out of yer rear end, you know what I mean?

well i have tried to flush it out many times but the smell just comes back so the only solution me thinks is to take it off the car and clean it.

I have had a look but not sure which bits to remove to get at the bottle. I have seen the bolts in the engine compartment which hold the bottle but not under the wing. So I need to know what to remove to get at it under the wing.

cheers :winky:

You need to remove the bumper and I think the inner wing cover. I doubt you would be able to clean it very well even if removed. How did you flush it? When i flushed mine I disconnected the plug on what was the headlamp wasjers qand left a hose running into the bottle, you could put an antibacterail in there leave it over night and thoroughly flush.

You need to remove the bumper and I think the inner wing cover. I doubt you would be able to clean it very well even if removed. How did you flush it? When i flushed mine I disconnected the plug on what was the headlamp wasjers qand left a hose running into the bottle, you could put an antibacterail in there leave it over night and thoroughly flush.

:duh: I just shoved a hose in the top and left it for a while. It was ok for while but the smell has come back.

Too much like hard work taking the bumper off to clean the bottle.

gunna just flush it out again and put some bacterial stuff init. See what happens

cheers guys anyway

but a 5% solution of bleach in there and leave it overnight, then drain out the water/bleach mix.

this will clean and kill anything growing in there - from what u describe u have an algae bloom.

but a 5% solution of bleach in there and leave it overnight, then drain out the water/bleach mix.

this will clean and kill anything growing in there - from what u describe u have an algae bloom.

:blink: cheers matey, I will give that a go, probably at the weekend now as I am a bit busy at the moment.. You say drain it out can I just use the washers to empty it or is there an easy way to drain without having to strip everything down to get at it?

all help is appreciated.

;) cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links