Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I still the only SC430 owner here?

MJB

Hello everyone!

I've just joined the club because I want to share my happiness with everyone! I got the first Lexus SC 430 in London last year and I am enjoying every minute of it. It is an incredible car with the power of a beast and the sophistication of a true luxery car. I am now about to order new 20" alloy wheels from america - it is unbelievable that such a stunning car can look any better!!!

Congradulations to all who have bought the SC 430 - I am sure your feeling about your cars are not dissimilar to mine :D

I LLLOOOVVVEEE my car!! :excl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well having 2 in the club just shows there rare.........if you find more get them to sign up...........

Hi Martin, my wife and I are picking up a new SC430 on March 1st, can't wait so now there are Three'''''''

I hope we will be as happy with our car as you both seem to be, we live in Lynmouth north Devon so along way from the both of you. We have just signed up for the owners club so who knows maybe we will meet up at something.

Michael :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my SC430 for 9 months (11,000 KM). It is silver with a cream interior. It is a joy to ride. Especially love to ride in the mountains and at the beach with the top down.

Only problem I had during this time was with a rattle whenever the radio door was down. Lexus dealer fixed it as soon as I could demonstrate it. Took it in 3 previous times, but would not make the sound - when raining (high moisure?), when too hot, or when too cold. The last time it made a lot of noise (like a baby rattle) and they removed the radio added some foam and reinstalled. Problem fixed.

Still doing a lot of research into what next set of tires should be. I believe the PAX system when developed might be the answer. They are trying to make a tire (tyre) with run flat capability, but regular tire ride quality. I think it is done with a "plastic" fitting of some type inside the wheel that holds the tire up when air is gone. Looks like Bentley will have first one?

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings chaps

I have a beautiful SC430 since last September. I haven't done many miles with it since (just about 400) since I avoid using it during the winter...

I agree that the ride is not good with the run flat tires, but I plan to keep them at least for the first 5,000 miles before replacing them.

Another thing is that it would have been very nice if the CD player played MP3s as well!

a part from that, I just love that car.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Great to see some new names here!

KC, I have to take issue with you:

I got my SC430 (a Japanese import) in August 2001.

And I know I wasn't the first in London, but very nearly!

All the best,

Martin

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I took delivery of my black and tan SC430 in January last year and for all the reasons above I'm very impressed and think it is a great car. However,I have had a few minor problems which the excellent dealers Carroll&Kinsella have rectifyed for me pretty speedily,but a recurring annoying noise from the passenger door,which dosen't happen when the roof's down,dosen't want to go away.Any of you got similar problems? I've got the runflat tyres and decided to go for the suspension mod which did improve the ride somewhat.I recommend getting Permaguard on the exterior as it helps to keep the car looking cleaner longer.

Happy drivin...James

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine a month ago, blue with cream interior. Love the car, its a real buzz to get in every morning. Only nag is that Lexus decided to leave of the automatic rain sensing wipers, dont understand why since most of the range has them.

Sorry to hear about the brick. Sad Little Bs are common...literally! The worst I've had in sunny Surrey is a sad git that tailgated me on a dual carriageway, even though the outside lane was empty. I overtook the car in front and the scumbag couldn't keep up as it became a single lane but cut me up at a roundabout ahead. I can't even think down to that level. I've been jealous of other people's cars yes! But why throw a brick? Nutters!

I bought an LS400 just before the SC came out. I'm very jealous as the LS is a tad bigger than I really wanted, but I had to have a Lexus 'cos Autocar say they're sister mag in Germany say it's the best for reliability bar none and also the Satnav are the best and the V8 is the best and Quentin Wilson drives an old one which has over 100K but still no squeeks.

Can't swap mine though, I've spent too much time polishing and waxing it.

Vertex,

don't know if you already know this but if you have a CD burner you can convert MP3s to WAV (using CDEX for example) and burn them onto a CD.

• 2 years later...
Guest inicol63

Hi I have a 2002 SC430 in blue with light cream leather.

I have just bought this car but I also run a LS400 during the week and then use the SC430 at weekends.

The alloys wheels are going to be change in the next few weeks as these could do with being changed.

This is a UK car with 1 owner and full service.

I may get rid of the LS400 as i cant warrent driving two 4 litre cars.

Have you made any changes to yours yet ? :duh:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I have a 2002 SC430 in blue with light cream leather.

I have just bought this car but I also run a LS400 during the week and then use the SC430 at weekends.

The alloys wheels are going to be change in the next few weeks as these could do with being changed.

This is a UK car with 1 owner and full service.

I may get rid of the LS400 as i cant warrent driving two 4 litre cars.

Have you made any changes to yours yet ? :duh:

For sure lose those runflats, nice set of 20's will sort your SC out :winky:

Got mine a month ago, blue with cream interior. Love the car, its a real buzz to get in every morning. Only nag is that Lexus decided to leave of the automatic rain sensing wipers, dont understand why since most of the range has them.

Only ever had one car with automatic rain sensing wipers, bmw 330. Was terrible, used to go off all the time and carry on when all the rain was gone.. dont miss that. Though IMO the SC is not a nice car to use in the rain.

• 2 weeks later...

:D Get my SC430 tomorrow 03' Silver with black interior, can't wait........ trading in merc slk 230 so I'm sure I'll notice lots of difference, any tips as to upgrades gladly recieved.

One burning question, what model is sat nav and what is the latest uk map?

Cheers

Paul :D

:D Get my SC430 tomorrow 03' Silver with black interior, can't wait........ trading in merc slk 230 so I'm sure I'll notice lots of difference, any tips as to upgrades gladly recieved.

Cheers

Welcome to the SC club, im sure you will never look at another Merc again :D

Upgrades wise..

20" wheels

Bodykit

TV DVD MP3

Luxlink remote roof and starter

2006 rear LED lights

Tein coilovers

If you want performance then..

Intake

Exhaust

Headers

Torque Convertor

Supercharger

LSD

big brake kit

Guest inicol63

Cheers

Upgrades wise..

20" wheels

Bodykit

TV DVD MP3

2006 rear LED lights

Tein coilovers

Intake

Exhaust

Headers

Torque Convertor

Supercharger

LSD

big brake kit

I have a SC430 2002 model and beleive that this is the latest Sat Nav cd at present (hope i am wrong)

How easy are the following to fit:

TV DVD mp3

Romote Roof and Starter

cheers Ian

Cheers

Upgrades wise..

20" wheels

Bodykit

TV DVD MP3

2006 rear LED lights

Tein coilovers

Intake

Exhaust

Headers

Torque Convertor

Supercharger

LSD

big brake kit

I have a SC430 2002 model and beleive that this is the latest Sat Nav cd at present (hope i am wrong)

How easy are the following to fit:

TV DVD mp3

Romote Roof and Starter

cheers Ian

I have checked the version in my new car and it is also 2002 so are there any later versions out there?

I saw a TNS300 disc on eBay is this the correct disc?

Thanks

Paul (Happy new owner)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm another new owner of a SC430 2002 model and generally very pleased with it.

The main disappointment is the ride/handling. I tried a 911 but found that too firm a ride for everyday use and not as luxurious as the Lexus. However, the SC is a strange ride - quite crashy over potholes but very wallowy and understeery the rest of the time. I don't have runflats and I'm investigating poor geometry settings with wheelsinmotion.

Is there a good definitive combination of tyres/geometry/coilovers/antirollbars etc that will give a better comfort/sporty balance? Not lowered - just a better version of standard.

I don't want a sports car but something that is more "cohesive" to drive - comfortable but still controlled within modest limits.

Thanks

Rik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still loving the car, shame the weather has changed a bit though I drove the car with the roof up for the first time, it is sooo quiet.

I'm loving it.

I've also noticed 4 lexus's or is it lexi 430 since I got the car so there are a few more around now.

Hope the sun gets out again soon

Hello all

First newbie post...

Just put a deposit down on an 05 SC430 should be picking it up at the weekend hopefully.

This car has had a pretty bad press in the UK which has driven prices for nearly new cars down so that I genuinely believe this is a bargain.In the US it seems not a bad word is said about it.

Some people seem to compare this car with a 911 plane stupid in my opinion this car is a luxury cruiser with bags of mid range torque not a high revving low torque engine.

Having had a Supra for 5 years I can testify for their build quality and reliability if slightly wallowy handling!

Cant wait :D

PS Roll on Lexus LFA :winky:

Cheers

Paul

I may have fixed some of my issues :)

The SC was a lease car and had very cheap Maxxis tyres. Lexus (Coventry) swapped them for Dunlop SP2030 s and it's much better - no steering wheel wobble and a smoother, less fidgety ride. Still no sports car but it is now what I expected from it.

I'm actually a hair transplant surgeon in the UK, but we also do hairpieces.

www.rogersclinic.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links