Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Back From The Bodyshop

Colin

Please don't name and shame - Stevie Wonder is just getting his life back on the rails - I know he's making a comeback but didn't realise it was as a sprayer.

Take it back and DEMAND they sort it out - don't take any crap - this is shoddy workmanship

What about Trading Standards??

Looks like they rushed the job but still it's appalling that they gave the car back to you in that state! I don't think you can ever get 100% perfect body work maybe near to it but not 100%. Being in the trade i have sent countless cars to my bodyshop man whilst on the whole he usually does a pretty good job but on the odd occassion he does slip up but never as bad as the job done on your car. Bad bodywork is not confined to the small workshops either I remember long ago giving in my then Celica to my local Toyota dealer for bodywork the car was returned in almost a bad a state as the pics you have posted, it then went back to them a further 2 times before they got it right! See how you get on when you collect the car back again otherwise demand your money back or take them to the small claims court.

no the garage doesn't appear to be VBRA approved from the VBRA website, (never even knew there was such a thing until you said), although the one where I got my spoiler done is and they did a very poor job. This time I went by word of mouth, two people reccomended this place to me and I have seen their cars and they got a good job so dunno what happened with mine?

Also some of the bumper seems a little transparent like they missed off the layer before the pearl in places.

like I said it's going back on thursday and picking it up friday so will ensure I have a good look at everything and will have a good look over everything before thursday so I don't miss anything!

if it's a poor job again I dunno what to do, I guess i'll ask for some money back (atleast 50% - he did repair some damage) if he refuses and says he'll do it again what can I do? as far as going to court how many times would be advisable to let it go back to them before I give up and fill out the court papers?

no the garage doesn't appear to be VBRA approved from the VBRA website, (never even knew there was such a thing until you said), although the one where I got my spoiler done is and they did a very poor job. This time I went by word of mouth, two people reccomended this place to me and I have seen their cars and they got a good job so dunno what happened with mine?

Also some of the bumper seems a little transparent like they missed off the layer before the pearl in places.

like I said it's going back on thursday and picking it up friday so will ensure I have a good look at everything and will have a good look over everything before thursday so I don't miss anything!

if it's a poor job again I dunno what to do, I guess i'll ask for some money back (atleast 50% - he did repair some damage) if he refuses and says he'll do it again what can I do? as far as going to court how many times would be advisable to let it go back to them before I give up and fill out the court papers?

If he cant get the job right after the second time I would demand my money back. The longer you leave it and keep taking the car back to him sometimes the court can take the view that you have accepted or partly accepted the poor job that he has done (not to mention the inconvenience to you in being without the car. Demand money back on the basis that he is not able to fix it properly you would have to take the car elsewhere to get the job done properly and that will cost you more money.

well, car was supposed to be going in this morning to be picked up tomorrow.

got there just before 8:30am (when it opens) and the guy isnt there, waited around and asked when he was likely to be in and nobody was sure. Then, just after 9 i'm told he has called and couldn't make it in today and he would call me to reschedule! Hmm, looks like it won't be done for JAE then!

Now, story isn't over there, my lift back from the bodyshop called the bodyshop up and asked for the manager (the guy who is doing my car) and guess who answered the phone?..... yep, him. So, he is there! I have no idea what is going on but all I know is I want my money back!

I don't have much luck when it comes to my car, maybe I should get rid of it!

well, car was supposed to be going in this morning to be picked up tomorrow.

got there just before 8:30am (when it opens) and the guy isnt there, waited around and asked when he was likely to be in and nobody was sure. Then, just after 9 i'm told he has called and couldn't make it in today and he would call me to reschedule! Hmm, looks like it won't be done for JAE then!

Now, story isn't over there, my lift back from the bodyshop called the bodyshop up and asked for the manager (the guy who is doing my car) and guess who answered the phone?..... yep, him. So, he is there! I have no idea what is going on but all I know is I want my money back!

I don't have much luck when it comes to my car, maybe I should get rid of it!

From that its obvious the guy isn't going to be straight with you i would ask for a refund if he refuses get him to give you a date in writing then if it doesn't occur again i would imagine that would be enough to have him by the hairy bean bag come small claims court

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links