Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Are Best Tyres

Keith Bowler

Finally got the 10" rear wheels I have been looking for for yonks.

Bought from a nice chap who sometimes posts on here.

Currently at Lepsons for a refurb.

The question is now what tyres should I get?

The wheels had Toyo Proxes T1's I think on them.

I don't do an awful lot of mileage but am wary of the rear end twitchiness which I hear is worse than the standard widthsport wheels in the wet.

I may consider just using the wider wheels in the summer as I ma now fortunate to have two sets of sport wheels.

Any advice appreciated

Finally got  the 10" rear wheels I have been looking for for yonks.

Bought from a nice chap who sometimes posts on here.

Currently at Lepsons for a refurb.

The question is now what tyres should I get?

The wheels had Toyo Proxes T1's I think on them.

I don't do an awful lot of mileage but am wary of the rear end twitchiness which I hear is worse than the standard widthsport wheels in the wet.

I may consider just using the wider wheels in the summer as I ma now fortunate to have two sets of sport wheels.

Any advice appreciated

what twichiness are we talking about here. i have a mk1 aristo TT and i want to put a set of mk1 sports alloys with the 10" rear. does that mean it will be worse with mine as there is so much power in the rear when the turbos kick in.

i remember that i had back wheel spin on my mk2 v300 when i used bridgestones

i would say the toyos are the best tyres ,deffo not pirrellis as they make the twichiness much worse .

I agree with mudz on the "Not the pirellis" bit.

I got rid of my Pirelli's - did not like them at all - too much wheelspin.

I went for Goodyear Eagle F1s ;)

Got them from here for a spanking price. That was for 245 / 40 / 18.

i would say the toyos are the best tyres ,deffo not pirrellis as they make the twichiness much worse .

I agree with mudz on the "Not the pirellis" bit.

I got rid of my Pirelli's - did not like them at all - too much wheelspin.

I went for Goodyear Eagle F1s ;)

Got them from here for a spanking price. That was for 245 / 40 / 18.

Thanks for the reminder Matt re the Gold members discounts from Mytyres.

The F1's you mentioned are very competitively priced.Hmmm, tempting

Boys heres my list of top tyres in order:

1 Bridgestone Potenza

2 Goodyear Eagle F1

3 Pirelli P Zero

3 Toyo Proxy T1S

5 Yokahama

6 Michellin

what do you think??

Potenza what? Pontenza is a range of tyre. Some of the range are complete rubbish like to RE030 fitted as standard to the GS range. I guess you mean the top of the range S-03? They are good but having had both the S-O3 and Eagle F1 I think the Goodyears have the edge and the reviews on tirerack seem to suggest many others feel the same way.

i got pirrelis all round , ive no problem with em at all. no wheel spin,  nothing

Steve

The GS300 doesn't really have the power to spin the wheels that much :P

:lol: i should have stated that mine was a lot worse in the wet or on corners that were on an incline ,but seriously the toyo's realy have made a difference to the way it handles

"The GS300 doesn't really have the power to spin the wheels that much"

tuts ;)

just cos u got a 430 . show off :)

Steve

:lol:

That wasn't meant as a put down.

On my old GS300 I didn't really have problem with wheelspin pulling away from junctions but the low down torque of the V8 really highlights tyres which have a lack of grip if you give it anything more than 1/4 throttle.

the low down torque of the V8 really highlights tyres which have a lack of grip if you give it anything more than 1/4 throttle.

I was just gonna post this Col.

I had trouble with wheelspin and the Pirellis, but it was in no way due to hard acceleration - just a touch of throttle to get out of junctions, onto roundabouts etc could get the back wheels going - exactly when you dont want to lose traction.

not had any such problemns with the F1s

I swear by P-Zero Rossos and wouldn't run anything else. Yes, they do have a tendancy to spin but I have never lost the back end once.

My previous IS200 had P900's and twitched like a bugger in the wet.

Boys heres my list of top tyres in order:

1 Bridgestone Potenza

2 Goodyear Eagle F1

3 Pirelli P Zero

3 Toyo Proxy T1S

5 Yokahama

6 Michellin

what do you think??

Potenza what? Pontenza is a range of tyre. Some of the range are complete rubbish like to RE030 fitted as standard to the GS range. I guess you mean the top of the range S-03? They are good but having had both the S-O3 and Eagle F1 I think the Goodyears have the edge and the reviews on tirerack seem to suggest many others feel the same way.

Yes S03's mate !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links