Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Led Sideview Mirrors

Folks,

I'm looking at possibly getting hold of these,

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/showphoto...00/ppuser/32507

but before I do, some questions that hopefully you can help with:

Is there any prewiring present in the standard UK sideview mirror to wire up to this?

If not how could I get them wired up - would a dealership do it?

Would fitting this mess up my warranty?

I believe they are orderable options on the Japanese market models, and from the pictures, appear to work on the RX330.

Are you sure it is a Toyota option? I think it is an aftermarket mod. You would have to run a wire up from the side repeater into the door and then into the mirror.

I don't think a dealership would do that. Warranty is only a problem if they can prove the work done has caused the fault.

Yes, it's a genuine toyota JP option:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...op%2findex.html

(you may need japanese fonts installed to see the link, I've included the translated link) - fun to navigate :)

They seem to have quite a few accessories/options not seen over here.

I spoke to the supplier, and as you said, it needs to be wired to the side repeater. I wonder if my dealership would entertain fitting them for me given that they are original options..

• 2 weeks later...

I've contacted Lexus Woodford for a price to install these - still waiting ... The reason I did this was that I got intouch with someone on a US forum who actually fitted them himself and said it was not the easiest of jobs.

Will update you once I have this info.

Folks,

Is there any prewiring present in the standard UK sideview mirror to wire up to this?

I believe they are orderable options on the Japanese market models, and from the pictures, appear to work on the RX330.

These do look good, what would happen though to the flashers on the wings, i presume they would have to be filled and sprayed which sounds like big bucks.

Folks,

These do look good, what would happen though to the flashers on the wings, i presume they would have to be filled and sprayed which sounds like big bucks.

The existing ones on the wings stay as they are. They work in conjunction with the mirror indicators. My wifes Merc has the wing and mirror indicators.

Folks,

The existing ones on the wings stay as they are. They work in conjunction with the mirror indicators. My wifes Merc has the wing and mirror indicators.

Thats good then, interesting to see what Lexus Woodford will charge to supply and fit.

OK. I spoke to James at Lexus Woodford today and he indicated that they would not be able to fit these as it alters the vehicle from the UK specification. He also thought that it "could" affect the warranty associated with elements of the door electrics etc - something about a multiplex module (?), although he was going to confirm this latter point.

The source that I have approached to obtain them from has indicated that they are original OEM Toyota parts and are compatible with the UK model (MCU35) and sent me screen shots of the original toyota manuals - diagrams show how the loom is routed in the interior of the car - the text is in japanese.

I will speak to James later in the week when I pick up some items I've ordered from them - see if they may budge and clarify the warranty comments.

I must admit, I'm in two minds about this, but I do like the look of these fitted to the car.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to Lexus GB Warranty & Claims this week, they have told me that fitting these acessories will not invalidate the warranty. As they are original toyota parts for JDM (Japan Domestic Market) the units themselves are not covered by the Lexus UK warranty if they were to fail. They also stated that if something in the car was to fail and the failure could be shown to be due to the additional accessory then that too would not be covered - however as the LED mirrors come with in-line fuses they said that this should isolate the units from the other electrics. The dealership should still undertake a proper check under the terms of the warranty.

I'll be popping in to Lexus Woodford tomorrow to see if they will now consider fitting them.

I spoke to Lexus GB Warranty & Claims this week, they have told me that fitting these acessories will not invalidate the warranty. As they are original toyota parts for JDM (Japan Domestic Market) the units themselves are not covered by the Lexus UK warranty if they were to fail. They also stated that if something in the car was to fail and the failure could be shown to be due to the additional accessory then that too would not be covered - however as the LED mirrors come with in-line fuses they said that this should isolate the units from the other electrics. The dealership should still undertake a proper check under the terms of the warranty.

I'll be popping in to Lexus Woodford tomorrow to see if they will now consider fitting them.

The indicators look lovely! How did you get on I want them as well!

James at Lexus Woodford has very kindly said that he will arrange for them to be installed - I've had further discussion with the supplier and they do not plug into any of the systems in the car, but include a fused wiring harness that just requires three clamp connectors to be attached to three wires from the flasher unit below the steering. Should be about a couple of hours work max.

Once this arrives I'll post some pics before and after. If anyone is interested I can post details of the supplier and costs etc as well.

James at Lexus Woodford has very kindly said that he will arrange for them to be installed - I've had further discussion with the supplier and they do not plug into any of the systems in the car, but include a fused wiring harness that just requires three clamp connectors to be attached to three wires from the flasher unit below the steering. Should be about a couple of hours work max.

Once this arrives I'll post some pics before and after. If anyone is interested I can post details of the supplier and costs etc as well.

Yes please

• 3 weeks later...

Took delivery of these yesterday, will post some pics later.

I've liased with a couple of suppliers in Japan and S'pore to supply these and opted for www.partsdivision.com in S'pore. They were prepared to do a lot of investigations and checks into confirming that the parts would work/fit the UK spec car. If anyone wants to approach them for these or anything else, I can give you the contact details.

The total cost for these including shipping and insurance was $765 SD, ~£250+money transfer fees. The cost of the acutal parts is $620 SD.

I think the Japanese supplier www.japanparts.com can supply them cheaper, but I was not that satisfied with the amount of information they were prepared to provide. The manual is in Japanese and partsdivision were prepared to anotate it with some key information on connecting up etc. The Lexus guys should be familiar with the removal and install process of the interior panels as the pictures look silimar to other english manuals I've seem.

Anyway, the items are original Toyota parts, good build and paint quality and include the wiring harness and connectors, screws etc.

I'm going to see James at Lexus Woodford tomorrow to see when they can fit, and will update after that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links