Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Problems

I am having problems with the Bluetooth connection on my RX300. I am using a Motorola V3 and for some reason, when I dial or receive a call, the connection drops from the car's handsfree and the display says "Disconnected from Network". The call does not drop from my mobile phone and if I use my mobile phone, I can continue with the call.

I know of somebody else also who uses a Motorola V3 on the Lexus Handsfree and is getting the same problem.

Has anybody else experienced a similar problem? Is there a solution to this?

Thanks

my V3 works fine - just the K770i Sony phone that can't connect.

I wonder if there might be a problem with your handset & my K700i handset because other people have had no problems with their k700i handsets

I wonder if there might be a problem with your handset & my K700i handset because other people have had no problems with their k700i handsets

Could be...I am now tempotarily using a k700i to see if the problem continues on this...if it does then I presume its a problem with the Lexus

Could be...I am now tempotarily using a k700i to see if the problem continues on this...if it does then I presume its a problem with the Lexus

I've got the same problem with the 400 & the V3 - sometimes works & sometimes doesn't.

Also, has anyone managed to transfer the phone book over from the V3?

I've got the same problem with the 400 & the V3 - sometimes works & sometimes doesn't.

Also, has anyone managed to transfer the phone book over from the V3?

You can transfer the phone book from the V3, but you have to do each entry separately. Its best if you can borrow/use a Sony Ericsson phone and transfer the entries from that as you can transfer all the entries in one go.

You can transfer the phone book from the V3, but you have to do each entry separately. Its best if you can borrow/use a Sony Ericsson phone and transfer the entries from that as you can transfer all the entries in one go.

I managed both (V3 & k700i) to be transferred a one batch not individually

I use the V3 with a third party blue tooth unit and this was dropping calls mid conversation.

The V3 uses voice commands one of which is the disconnect command if enabled, disable this feature on the phone, I did no problem since

Tony

I use the V3 with a third party blue tooth unit and this was dropping calls mid conversation.

The V3 uses voice commands one of which is the disconnect command if enabled, disable this feature on the phone, I did no problem since

Tony

Tony, can you please explain how you actually disabled this feature on the V3, as I would like to try this.

I suffer from the same problem with an 8 month old RX300SEL and a V3.....doesn't happen all the time, but usually cuts the signal within the first 10 seconds, if you pass that period the call goes ahead as normal.

Never had a problem with a Nokia 6230, so I assume that it is a random compatability problem with V3's as I have pretty much everything apart from Bluetooth switched off on the phone including the voice activation function.

Would be very interested also, if somebody has a fix!

I suffer from the same problem with an 8 month old RX300SEL and a V3.....doesn't happen all the time, but usually cuts the signal within the first 10 seconds, if you pass that period the call goes ahead as normal.

Never had a problem with a Nokia 6230, so I assume that it is a random compatability problem with V3's as I have pretty much everything apart from bluetooth switched off on the phone including the voice activation function.

Would be very interested also, if somebody has a fix!

Have spoken to Motorola about this problem and they said: "a motorola phone's Bluetooth is only fully compatible with Motorola Bluetooth devices. Although Bluetooth is technically supposed to be universally compliant there are various versions of the Bluetooth technology and Motorola can only guarantee full compatibility with other Motorola Bluetooth products."

The V3 is obviously a very slim phone. One of the biggest issues with handset design is the antenna. In the V3 it is in the bulge in the bottom of the handset. It could be that the BT antenna is somewhat compromoised. I beleive there is a setting available through the various service facility options to turn up the sensitivity of the Lexus system's BT which may help with the problem you are experiencing.

br

D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

When purchasing a Bluetooth phone for you Lexus, keep in mind that your phone must support SPP (Serial Port Profile) or OBEX (Object Exchange) profile that most devices require to access the phonebook or transfer files. If your phone does not support this, you won't get your phonebook.

Rich

Having got sick and tired of the Motorola V3 disconnecting, I have purchased a Sony Ericsson V600i. This is even worse! Nearly every time I end a call, about a minute after that my phone disconnects from the Bluetooth interface with the car.

Has anybody experienced this with other Sony Ericsson products? Is there a solution/work around?

Thanks

I have the K750i which is good but a friend has no end of trouble trying to use that with a third party Bluetooth, he just gets drop outs all the time with his....

Guess this is the problem with Bluetooth, as soon as it's replaced by a standard which everyone adheres to strictly the better, as it is the thing is just a pain

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links