Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Know A Good Smart Repairer....

Got back to the car on Saturday (B&Q in Watford) and some prick had scraped the corner of my rear bumper!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Has anyone used one of these Chips Away types?????

I've been searching t'internet and hadn't realised how many different franchises there were for this, but its obviously all to do with how good the individual repairer is at his job.

Its not a big job, just 2-3 inches of scrape, but I obviously want a top job doing.

Cheers

Matt

Got back to the car on Saturday (B&Q in Watford) and some prick had scraped the corner of my rear bumper!! :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:

Has anyone used one of these Chips Away types?????

I've been searching t'internet and hadn't realised how many different franchises there were for this, but its obviously all to do with how good the individual repairer is at his job.

Its not a big job, just 2-3 inches of scrape, but I obviously want a top job doing.

Cheers

Matt

Don't these people just pee you off !! :angry:

I had a couple of stone chips on my driver's door which have now been sorted by Rob Clatworthy of Flying Colours.

I don't know if you have heard of them, but apparently (so Rob said) they are based all around the UK.

Try ringing 01675 471150 (this is their main office I presume in Warwickshire), or you can contact Rob on 07970 542600 (he might be able to give you more advice), or they have a website www.dentwizard.com

I wouldn't recommend them if they done a crap job, but he was top. (And it only cost £40) :D

recently, i had a bumper scuff repaired by my local chipsaway man, did a good job. i'd only use chipsaway for bump scuffs not for doing repairs on metalwork (eg: a door which had been keyed) for a job like that i'd go to a professional bodyshop.

You could try Bourne Brothers in Arlesey, used them a couple of times before and the did a good job and prices are reasonable. Don't know if they do a "chips away" type thing but worth a call

probably not going to be as cheap an the above^^ but the guy who does the work at HR Owen Hatfield is Colourtec. Guys name is Mark Pillinger.

01727 852255

07973 746609

Didn't actually use him in the end as the mark polished off, so could't tell you what his work is like, but seemed honest enough.

As Mr Morse says beware - smart repairs will fade over time, in most cases in a matter of months which may well mean a more expensive bodyshop repair in the future.

I had someone scuff my front bumper when i had my IS - a smart repair was costing about £60 and an insurance approved bodyshop quoted me £100 to spray the whole bumper. I just had the whole bumper done for the sake of a more permanent repair, a better finish and perfect colour match.

As Mr Morse says beware - smart repairs will fade over time, in most cases in a matter of months which may well mean a more expensive bodyshop repair in the future. 

I had someone scuff my front bumper when i had my IS - a smart repair was costing about £60 and an insurance approved bodyshop quoted me £100 to spray the whole bumper.  I just had the whole bumper done for the sake of a more permanent repair, a better finish and perfect colour match.

Did that include repairing the scuff aswell??

I had a respray on my old IS front bumper at a reputable body shop. Done a deal for cash and that cost me £200!!

Went to see a guy last night who trades under "Revive" (Franchise - anyone used them??).

Asked him if he was confident he'd do a top job on my bumper and he said "yep, blues one of the easiest colours to match." He says he does Mercs all the time. He'd been doing one last night and wasn't happy with the colour he was getting, so kept at it until he was happy. He never finished til 7pm!! (mind you, I don't know what time he started it!!)

Anyway, he's coming to do it tonight at 5.30. I'll take pics before and after to post up.

Is there anything I should ask him to do or make sure he does regarding the repair or painting????

Cheers for the input guys. :winky:

Matt

Yep, the price included filling/repairing scuff. Plenty of good bodyshops around Birmingham work on about £100 per panel if your paying cash. That was 18 months ago. I'm paying the same body shop £120 for respraying the front bumper on my GS because of stone chips - been booked in for Monday.

Just check the finish where it blends into the existing paint as this is where some smart repairs go wrong.

Hope it all goes well and your rear bumper is back it's original condition.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links