Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Info On Quick Detailing Spray.

Hi there,

I used to be a valeter a few years back but I am still learning new stuff through this site.

I have been reading about and will probably start using a quick detailing spray to keep my car cleaner more often as washing it at home is almost impossible (parking is not close at all).

I have read the technique etc regarding exterior detailng spray but would like to know the following:

Is the spray for paintwork only or can you use it on windows and black trim as well.

I realise there are several types available, which would you recommend?

baring in mind I now poilish the car and then apply a top coat of carnauba wax.

Does a detailing spray do any damage to this carnauba wax finish i.e does it remove it.

Your help is appreciated

Regards

Simon

Welcome to LOC!

Quick detailing spray is basically a non-foaming liquid that contains a very mild detergent. It won't remove your carnauba wax layer if used gently.

There are several types available, all very much of a muchness, I use Merguiers Mist & Wipe purely because its the easiest fo buy.

Yep, same here. Everytime mines washed i used quik detailer, gives it the just wax'd look.

You know when the wax' needs re-applying when the surface looses is smooth glid on glid off feel..

Quick detailing Mists are really for show work, purely for last minute touch-ups before displaying your car.

But, I do use mine to clean off rain spots or dust. Don't use them if your car is DIRTY as you will only ground the dirt into your paintwork - you must wash the car first.

I used mine this weekend as I washed and waxed the car the week before, and we never had any rain during the week. This makes the job alot easier. Just remember to dust off the car first as you don't want to scratch your paintwork.

You should really only use the detailing mist on a waxed surface as you will then have a barrier between the mist and your paint.

They are great for removing tree sap, or any other small surface blemishes.

They are also great to use with clay-bars for getting rid of ground in oxidation.

I think that's all the info I can give you on detailing mist.

Oh, just one other thing - I wouldn't use it on windows or plastics. You're better off buying separate products for them.

Hope this helps.

There are different detailing sprays that do different jobs.

I use carnuba wax on my car on top of sealant glaze etc. The detailing spray i use is Sonus carnuba spritz. Only use just the spray if there is a light dust on the car NOT if its dirty.

Check out the link at the top of the page for the car care section.This will explain everything at where to get it from.

Also over in gold i've posted about the new Sonus products available at Autopia car care. I suggest you have a look at there web site also.

They've got great products and also explain what they are for. You can also get discount on some items :D

i use the meguires quick detailer spray sometimes but have now moved over to the NXT range of cleaners and polishes as they seem to give a deeper shine.

you cant use the quick detailer in the red bottle with nxt polish as it gives a slight haze, although there is now a NXT spray wax which works in a similar way to the quick detailer with regards to sheer shine but in my opinion is better.

Thank you for all your replies, you have answers many of my questions.

I am definately going to have to buy some and try it out.

Could we please have a quick reply with your favourite sprays?

I'm after a detailing spray that will add a deep and glossy finish as possible on top of my waxed finish. (I've got a light metalic petrol blue car if that helps).

Cheers all.

i can only recomend the meguires range of NXT products:

You will need

NXT Shampoo (dont use anything else or it will never gloss properly) £12.99 for 2 litres i think

NXT polish - £8.99

NXT quick detail polish - £8.99

NXT Metal polish - £6.99

all of the above will cost you about £40 at the most which isnt too bad at all!

Have a look on Autopia web site and it'll say what spray to use. It depends on what type of wax you are using.

I use carnuba wax so the spray i use is carnuba spritz as it complements the wax perfectly.

I highy recommend the Sonus and Klasse products :winky:

What i use:

Sonus glosse shampoo

Klasse All In One ( polish )

Klasse Sealant Glaze ( 4 - 5 layers )

P21S Carnuba Wax ( 4 - 5 layers )

Sonus Carnuba Spritz ( after waxing or shampooing )

i can only recomend the meguires range of NXT products:

You will need

NXT Shampoo (dont use anything else or it will never gloss properly) £12.99 for 2 litres i think

NXT polish - £8.99

NXT quick detail polish - £8.99

NXT Metal polish - £6.99

all of the above will cost you about £40 at the most which isnt too bad at all!

Same here - I'm a Meguiar's man.

If you know anyone who's going to the States, ask them to get it over there. The NXT Shampoo was $6 for the same size as above. I bought the quick detail spray for $4. Cut a long story short I bought about £60 worth of Meguiar's products for approx £35

Thanks for all your help, just thought I would show you this thread I noticed on another forum and wondered if you had any comments.

http://shop.meguiars.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1288

i.e, have you too used both products and can you pick a favorite.

I would guess that the nxt range would show better results when used in conjunction which the nxt shampoo, wax etc.

Have a look on Autopia web site and it'll say what spray to use. It depends on what type of wax you are using.

I use carnuba wax so the spray i use is carnuba spritz as it complements the wax perfectly.

I highy recommend the Sonus and Klasse products :winky:

What i use:

Sonus glosse shampoo

Klasse All In One ( polish )

Klasse Sealant Glaze ( 4 - 5 layers )

P21S Carnuba Wax ( 4 - 5 layers )

Sonus Carnuba Spritz ( after waxing or shampooing )

Same here - I've tried both the Megs and the Klasse and the Klasse wins hands down :D

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links