Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Facia Plate And Iso Connector

sjf

Hi

Does anyone now where i can buy a Facia plate and Iso connector? as im looking to buy an after market Stereo :D

And does anyone now if the iso connector enables me to connect the aftermaket stereo to the lexus amp :question:

cheers

Steve

Hi

Does anyone now where i can buy a Facia plate and Iso connector? as im looking to buy an after market Stereo :D

And does anyone now if the iso connector enables me to connect the aftermaket stereo to the lexus amp :question:

cheers

Steve

Facia plate you can get from eBay £23.99 not sure about the Iso connector :D

cant asnwer for sure about hooking up an aftermarket to the lexus amp,, im sure it has been done.. the only thing to be aware of is that the amp chucks out two differnt Ohm value for the rear speakers (2 and 4 ohm i think)

as for a fascia you could get a toyota one (part number 55413-53010)

a_double-din-back.jpg about 30 quid.

as for an ISo connector,, if your out of luck i have one that will plug straight onto the oem connector and has free end wires on it ready for you to wire onto..

cant asnwer for sure about hooking up an aftermarket to the lexus amp,, im sure it has been done.. the only thing to be aware of is that the amp chucks out two differnt Ohm value for the rear speakers (2 and 4 ohm i think)

as for a fascia you could get  a toyota one (part number 55413-53010)

a_double-din-back.jpg about 30 quid.

as for an ISo connector,, if your out of luck i have one that will plug straight onto the oem connector and has free end wires on it ready for you to wire onto..

Does the Facia plate come with single and double din plates?

and how much for the iso connector mate?

Ta muchly

Autoleads do a facia plate for the IS that allows single or double din units to be used. I have one in my car and it is spot on!

I don't think you can get an iso connector for the IS because of the standard factory amp setup. You will most likely have to run speaker wires to either the speakers themselves or the outputs on the factory amp! :blush:

can you not simply wire up your new headunit speaker outputs (L,R, +/- fr & rr) to the corresponding pins on the oem connector,, after all the oem headuni only sends out a signal and its the oem amp that does the splitting fo the signals...

can you not simply wire up your new headunit speaker outputs (L,R, +/- fr & rr) to the corresponding pins on the oem connector,, after all the oem headuni only sends out a signal and its the oem amp that does the splitting fo the signals...

Where are Autoleads, do you have an address/website for them?

What about those of us with an S that dont have OEM amp. Do we simply wire up new headunit speaker outputs (L,R, +/- fr & rr) to the corresponding pins on the oem connector ?

What about those of us with an S that dont have OEM amp. Do we simply wire up new headunit speaker outputs (L,R, +/- fr & rr) to the corresponding pins on the oem connector ?

id say that is a deffo yes..

The Autoleads address is www.autoleads.co.uk

I don't think that you can connect your speaker wires from an aftermarket head unit to the standard wiring harnes for the factory head for the reason that you just stated:-

The factory head unit simply sends signals to the factory amp which in turn produces the sound from those signals. As far as I know, the factory amp will not recognise the feed from an aftermarket head unit.

As for the S model, I really don't know what the setup is there. I don't think they have a factory amp but they could also be wired starngely :duh: I have never seen the setup in an S.

What I do know for certain is that you can bypass the factory amp by connecting your speaker wires from the aftermarket headunit to the speaker wires coming out of the factory amp to the speakers. This way is also a lot easier than running speaker wire to every speaker in the car! :D

If there are +ve and -ve right and a +ve and -ve left rear outputs, then it shouldn't matter. you should be able to simply connect the corresponding wires.

If it is wired oddly (which sounds likely) then I would run seperate wires all the way to the rear speakers.

Dunno why they would wire the fronts normally and not the rears though? :blink:

Nothin is ever simple eh!! :hehe:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links