Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Please Help

phillls400

Hi there, this is myt first post, and i know nothing about my

L reg 1993 LS400.

here's my problem, the professional rip off merchants at my local lexus dealer want to charge me mega bucks for a couple of parts that need fixing. namely they are

a new alternator

and a new power steering pump

they want to charge me 450 pounds plus VAT just for the pump, surely that cant be right.

i've sourced some OEM parts from a USA distributor and the total for both parts comes to less than £350.

im a bit concerned though that the parts will be for a different version of the 1993 ls400

the part numbers i have are

alternator 27060-50080

power steering pump 44320-50020

i was also thinking about looking for some reconditioned parts.

can anyone confirm i've got the right numbers? or does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks Muchly

Phill

L reg 1993  LS400.

here's my problem,  the professional rip off merchants at my local lexus dealer want to charge me mega bucks for a couple of parts that need fixing. namely they are

a new alternator

they want to charge me 450 pounds plus VAT just for the pump, surely that cant be right.

i've sourced some OEM parts from a USA distributor and the total for both parts comes to less than £350. 

im a bit concerned though that the parts will be for a different version of the 1993 ls400

alternator  27060-50080

can anyone confirm i've got the right numbers? or does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks Muchly

Phill

L reg 1993  LS400.

here's my problem,  the professional rip off merchants at my local lexus dealer want to charge me mega bucks for a couple of parts that need fixing. namely they are

a new alternator

alternator  27060-50080

Thanks Muchly

Phill

Phill,

There are plenty of pieces on power steering pumps on these pages do a search. Make sure it isn't the failure of the 5p 'O' ring on the base of the PS pump reservoir causing your leak before you shell out a fortune, I have repaired 2 cars with this fault it is not uncommon, and an easy fix.

Chris Vince

When the pump blows it drops its fluid into the alternator and kills it. The Lexus Stealer is quoting new parts and thats the gauranteed way to go, although it does cost.

You may get hit by customs for parts sent from overseas, or you may be lucky. It can take some time for the bill to catch you though.

My 92 LS400 pump died on Sunday, been giving me trouble so am having the pump and rack reconditioned. I will try http://www.powersteeringservices.co.uk/startup.html

they only recon your own units. Should know how it turns out by the end of this week. Costing me £300 to have both parts pulled out and refitted, recon TBC, but was quoted over phone about £275, incl shipping (all excl VAT)

Good luck,

Leadfoot.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links