Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New To Forum

Hi there to eveyone on here,

i am looking for some info, i have been looking to buy my first IS and have roughly 10k to spend, the problem im gettting is alot of cars i seem to be finding have really high miles on them most are 95000+.

i would like to know what people on here think of this , have any of you got an IS with this amount of miles and what do u think of buying one . im finding it really hard to find one in my price range with lower miles

thanks

Hi & welcome to the club. The IS is one of the most reliable cars you will find & as long as it has good service history you should not have a problem. There should be plenty about with Lexus history as it seems that more owners than average stick with dealer servicing.

Obviously consumable items like the clutch & dampers may need replacement soon, also the bottom ball joints are prone to go (check for wear on the inside edge of front tyres).

The only common faults are corroding of the alloy wheels (might be still under warranty) & an 'err3' message on the CD player which Lexus extended the warranty to 4 years for.

Mine is 5K past its 60K service & the oil is still a golden colour which speaks volumes for the quality. I believe the 100k service might be an expensive one (search elsewhere on this site), but become a gold member & save around 15% & also look at the Lexus pre-pay scheme.

They are great cars & you will be smiling every time you drive & you won't even mind polishing it! Lastly, have you looked on E-Bay?

Welcome to LOC :)

There are a few cars on here for sale, which is a good place to look as they will be very well looked after examples

Otherwise have you looked on the Lexus website? Not sure what age/spec you're looking for but there are some nice SEs for less than 10k (2000 models) with much lower mileage :winky:

Hi Tommy welcome to LOC.

Like the guys have said there are some nice cars on here and for 10K you can defo get a nice IS. Older and lower miles say 2000/01 sort of age.

For instance the What Car valuation for my 200 Sport, 2000/W with 60,000 miles is £8,500 private or £9,100 from a dealer.

Welcome to Loc mate :winky:

Just done a quick search on Autotrader and there are quite a few between 8-10k with 30-40k on the clock on w plates

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_...rch_full=SEARCH

I read a post recently of someone selling there IS for 6.5k with fairly low mileage,wanted a quick sale for some reason...can't remember the name of this person though..sorry

just a wee update, went to see the IS today, the guy told me it was £8995 but when i was sorting out finance he decides to tell me he has made a mistake with price of car and tries to add a grand on the price, so told him were to stick his car, was a bit gutted i never got it, but i havenow found a is 200 se on a 52 plate, 32000 miles looks superb £12000 going to take a bettter look 2morrow

i reckon as long as its got full Lexus service history it should be cool even with a high millage. To give you an example my friend has just brought an 02 Plate with 90,000 FLSH absolute great body and a few minor scratches on alloys for £8500, but he only drives round localy(does about 5k a year). if your gonna be doing lots of driving then definatly consider lower millage. just look out for the usual probs as the guys have mentioned before me.

good luck. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links