Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got My Lex Back!

Moffet

For those of you who read this thread will know I've been without it for a while, but at long last I have my IS back. :D :driving:

I wasn't terribly impressed by the service at the bodyshop though. I had to use the insurer's approved garage in my area which wouldn't have been my first choice. They told me the car would be ready 4 times when it wasn't, they wouldn't bring it to drop off at my workplace (which the insurance policy said they would do) so I had to take the afternoon off work to go and get it, and it was absolutely filthy when they were supposed so have cleaned it inside and out for me. Also, there was the cost of 1 new tyre on the bill but they changed one of the tyres that wasn't on the damaged wheel! :huh:

Then I found a dent in the rear door. I complained about it but they had it logged like that when it came in so it wasn't their responsibility. I rang the insurance company and they just said "you can make another claim if you like". Thinking about it when I got home, I guess MartinC was right with his comments in the other thread - it must have been damaged by the lifting straps (it is actually the door on the other side to the one in the picture that is damaged). This was another company that I have yet to speak to, but I can't see them volunteering to fix it. :angry:

And to top it all off as soon as I turned the stero on, I am getting the dreaded "Error 3" problem. I'll try pulling the fuse tomorrow but if that doesn't work do I need a new stereo? I have the new kind with the CD player in the top - this isn't supposed to happen to me!

I haven't had much luck with this car yet so I hope nothing else goes awry... but with my MOT next Tuesday I have a bad feeling... :crybaby:

Just a note................

You do not have to use any insurer's approved garage.

It is your car and you specify where you want the repairs made.

It’s a common mistake and insurers do like to try to push you into going to a place where the insurer gets discount.

If any garage other than a Toyota approved repairer carries out any bodywork, then that may well invalidate Toyota/Lexus 12 yr anticorrosion warranty.

I hope you have more luck from now on.

Just a note................

You do not have to use any insurer's approved garage.

It is your car and you specify where you want the repairs made.

It’s a common mistake and insurers do like to try to push you into going to a place where the insurer gets discount.

If any garage other than a Toyota approved repairer carries out any bodywork, then that may well invalidate Toyota/Lexus 12 yr anticorrosion warranty.

I hope you have more luck from now on.

Do they carry a 12 year anitcorrision warranty? I though it was only 3year for the paint and 5 year for body corrosion....? :blink:

Hmmm, guess I probably should have read up on it a bit more but I'm a little inexperienced when it comes to this stuff - it's my first insurance claim becuase it's the first crash I've had! Just hope the 12 year warranty isn't needed.

I've been told by someone who used to be in the trade to try a sink plunger to pull out the dent. Anyone ever heard of doing this?

I tried pulling the fuse for my stereo problem, but now it won't acknowledge there are any CDs in there at all. When you press the load button it tries to load into slot 1 but then just goes back to the radio - don't get any error messages. Guess it's a trip to the Lexus dealer then. I hope it's still under warranty becuase otherwise I can't afford to get it fixed right now, and may just have to leave it.

a sink plunger

Hmm.... I can see the concept behind this, but can't see it really doing a nice tidy finish.

If you don't want the hassle of insurance claims, letter etc ...... why not just call out someone like dentmasters .... and you could probably get a paintless dent repair for about £40 - £50 ?

well yeah sink plunger thing is used quite a lot, is a patented tool though.

seems a bit strange that the bodywork place didnt do all the work at once, on the one insurance claim. But im not well versed in insurance claims, so not a pro on this.

Sorry to hear about the repair situation mate :( I had hoped I was wrong about the lifting straps, perhaps you could try and use the photos as proof to the recovery company that they were less than careful.

Not convinced about the sink plunger method :huh: but paintless dent removal is normally around £90 per panel round here, could be your best bet even if someone else pays for it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links