Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wee Quickie About Is200 Stereo

hi guys im pickin up an in dash clarion tv, dvd player today ive ordered a face plate for it too! so hows it all go about with the wiring? will i jus get an iso connector for the lexus loom to the clarion n that should be it? or is there an internal amp n i need to start playin about wi stuff?

I think it varies dependant on whether you have the S model or the SE / Sport - the latter models have an amp I believe..

What model do you have?

I don't really understand the ICE stuff I'm afraid but some of the guys here will be able to sort you out :)

• 1 month later...
best let the experts reply before you go chopping anything

believe me , they will reply

in the meantime try the "search", as its been covered many a time  :D

i realy need some help here:)

i cant get any sound, i need a wiring chart for my IS stereo, its an 6speaker system 2001mod.

i cant get any sound, i need a wiring chart for my IS stereo, its an 6speaker system 2001mod.

what model is it? ie ans S, SE or SPORT? there are still only 6 speaker locations on all the models but on SE and SPORT models the rear speakers are actually 2 seperate ones. this makes all the difference as the S has no amp but the SE and SPORT has an external amp

what model is it? ie ans S, SE or SPORT? there are still only 6 speaker locations on all the models but on SE and SPORT models the rear speakers are actually 2 seperate ones. this makes all the difference as the S has no amp but the SE and SPORT has an external amp

its not a sport,and im not shure if its a se or a s,,its a sticker on the rear speakers with lexus writhen on them...i think ive heard somting about that...

how can i tell what model i have??

ah, maybe the euro models are a bit different but then i would say that u have an S model which means no external amp.

would check that your connections are not loose on the back of the radio, maybe that your radio is dead

how can i get my new player to work whitout new wirering an whithout ading a amp in the boot if i have a oem amp???

i realy need help...

i have choped of the plug to the oem player/radio,beacause i thougt the

WiringChart that was posted by fargo would help me out,butt it dosent fitt with the collourcodes on the harnes???

can anybody that have done this before help me??

ah - becomes clearer now - ok for the S model( to make 100% sure of your model look at the rear speakers from inside the boot, the should only have 1 set of connections and not 2 sets as in the SE and SPORT models)

you can get an ISO adaptor from autoleads, wire back up your plug and get the adaptor

do u have only 1 plug going to the radio?

ah, maybe the euro models are a bit different but then i would say that u have an S model which means no external amp.

would check that your connections are not loose on the back of the radio,  maybe that your radio is dead

the radio works fine, i have power on it,but no sound:(

ah - becomes clearer now - ok for the S model( to make 100% sure of your model look at the rear speakers from inside the boot, the  should only have 1 set of connections and not 2 sets as in the  SE and SPORT models)

you can get an ISO adaptor from autoleads, wire back up your plug and get the adaptor

i cant check it now,but ther was 2 connecters at the back of the oem player,

ah - becomes clearer now - ok for the S model( to make 100% sure of your model look at the rear speakers from inside the boot, the  should only have 1 set of connections and not 2 sets as in the  SE and SPORT models)

i cant check it now,but ther was 2 connecters at the back of the oem player,

well,ive got an amp behind my glovebox :angry:

what can i do??

i was thinking on fiting rca-plugs on the signalwires and plug them in my player,will this work??

well,ive got an amp behind my glovebox  :angry:

what can i do??

i was thinking on fiting rca-plugs on the signalwires and plug them in my player,will this work??

Yes, providing it's the standard headunit/amp combo.

You may find that the amp will not respond due to the tx and rx from the satnav/headunit combo, but this is easily solved. You may find there is some ground noise. Let me know if either the case.

what year is the your IS,, i may have a difffernt wiring diagram for you..

well,now i`ve got sound:) butt it sounded like crap! :(

i only connected th speakers in the front,so i dont have any bass

so what im gonna do is fitt a compnent sett of rockford fosgate fnq`s in the front,and one 12" woofer in the boot,hopfully it wil do,orelse i will mount 2 12"woofers,but i realy don`t want to,because it takes tomutch space...

butt one question: can i buy an adaptor for the antenna,that will fitt my stereo? or do i have to chop it of??and mount a new on??

to Geoffers: i went for a easy solution,,i disconnected the oem amp and extended the wires to the amp,and mounted them to the oem harnes...:)

what year is the your IS,, i may have a difffernt wiring diagram for you..

well,now i`ve got sound:) butt it sounded like crap! :(

i only connected th speakers in the front,so i dont have any bass

so what im gonna do is fitt a compnent sett of rockford fosgate fnq`s in the front,and one 12" woofer in the boot,hopfully it wil do,orelse i will mount 2 12"woofers,but i realy don`t want to,because it takes tomutch space...

butt one question: can i buy an adaptor for the antenna,that will fitt my stereo? or do i have to chop it of??and mount a new on??

to Geoffers: i went for a easy solution,,i disconnected the oem amp and extended the wires to the amp,and mounted them to the oem harnes...:)

This is a balancing issue. You have PM.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links