Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 Series Drivers....

Kazi

If I remember rightly, the avarage age of an IS200 diver is 28, which is at least a decade younger than the average age of a 3 series driver. Not a reason to buy an IS200, but perhaps more of an indiation of what the appeal is.

I'm 42 and Dave Ellen is seriously old - does this mean that because we drive IS's we are in a mid life crisis? :lol:

No....it means your hip and trendy! :whistling: :P

At time I bought my first IS reasons were:

Audi - dealer never rang me back to arrange test drive of A4, even though I waited 1 hour to see someone in the dealership. :angry:

BMW - don't like off set pedals, low spec and sister as M3 cabriolet, so didn't want to get something worse than hers.

Merc - Low spec, old man'ish

Jag - Mondeo and old man'ish

Lexus - sooper helpful sales staff, good spec and affortability, "bit different"

When got second one:

Audi - didn't even bother looking after last time

BMW - same reasons as above

Merc - ditto

Jag - Old man'ish and sales staff who didn't have a clue

Lexus - liked and knew the brand, sooper helpful staff again, good finance deal.

BMW - don't like off set pedals, low spec and sister as M3 cabriolet, so didn't want to get

Japan like the UK is right hand drive as well. This means that in a Jap car, the engine is set off slightly to the right, giving a better weight distribution when there is only the driver in the car. As you indicate, if the car is designed for right hand drive, when compared to a car designed for left hand drive, a driver in the UK will also has a better driving position and more space

Daniel

BMW - don't like off set pedals, low spec and sister as M3 cabriolet, so didn't want to get

Japan like the UK is right hand drive as well. This means that in a Jap car, the engine is set off slightly to the right, giving a better weight distribution when there is only the driver in the car. As you indicate, if the car is designed for right hand drive, when compared to a car designed for left hand drive, a driver in the UK will also has a better driving position and more space

Daniel

That not a bit of a generalisation ? I had a 3 series and yes peddles off set but never felt like it was compromised due to being RHD....

If I remember rightly, the avarage age of an IS200 diver is 28, which is at least a decade younger than the average age of a 3 series driver. Not a reason to buy an IS200, but perhaps more of an indiation of what the appeal is.

I'm 42 and Dave Ellen is seriously old - does this mean that because we drive IS's we are in a mid life crisis? :lol:

Hey Mr Morse I can give you 14 years so what does that make me? :whistling:

Daniel

That not a bit of a generalisation ? I had a 3 series and yes peddles off set but never felt like it was compromised due to being RHD....

Yes of course its a generalisation ;-) It wasnt a comment directed at the 3 seriese specifically. I havent been in a 3 series for ages, so I don't know if it is true for a 3 seriese or not

I bought my LS400 because I know how the Japanese do things.

It's so obvious Lexus got an S-class Merc ( back when Mercedes were

quality cars) a 7 series BMW and an XJ Jaguar and asked themselves "what's good about these cars?"

They took everything good from each one and made it better.

This was toyota ( who were already making good cars) Really trying their best.

I don't care that my LS handbrake is ripped straight from a Merc or it's bigger more "floaty" and smooth than an XJ jag, or has the solidity/ presence of the big 7 series.

The Japanese car manufacturers are more meticulous than the Germans ever were.

Honda did the same with their bikes in the 70's , when they were known as "Jap-crap". They refined the british bikes and made them reliable.

Now they make the best bikes in the world too, not that i'm biased.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links