Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trickle Chargers. Ls400.

Has anyone used/had experience of using Solar trickle chargers to keep their batteries topped up?

My Ser 3 LS400 goes dead over about two weeks, if unused, so I'm about to investigate a solution (assuming no fault is in progress!) I don't THINK I can run one (Charger) directly into the/any of the/ cigarette lighters in the car as they need to be 'live' with ignition off to accept a charge, so it looks like a direct line to battery; MORE fiddling about with wires!

Any input gratefully received!.

My Ser 3 LS400 goes dead over about two weeks, if unused, so I'm about to investigate a solution (assuming no fault is in progress!)

Assuming your alternator is charging your Battery and nothing's draining it i'd buy a new Battery as 2 weeks is unacceptable for a Battery to totally discharge. A good Battery should keep it's charge for months.

Has anyone used/had experience of using Solar trickle chargers to keep their batteries topped up?

My Ser 3 LS400 goes dead over about two weeks, if unused, so I'm about to investigate a solution (assuming no fault is in progress!) I don't THINK I can run one (Charger) directly into the/any of the/ cigarette lighters in the car as they need to be 'live' with ignition off to accept a charge, so it looks like a direct line to battery; MORE fiddling about with wires!

Any input gratefully received!.

If you only use your car occasionally and for short drives, the Battery is bound to not be topped up before you leave it standing for two weeks.

Don't know about the circuitry in the Lexus as don't have any Haynes-type manual. There may be diodes from the cigarette lighter to the Battery which would block the charge though I doubt it as the current would be quite high.

Connecting it directly to the Battery would be the safest. Maplin do exactly what you're asking for with crocodile clips and a cigarette plug too. All you need is a good source of sunlight if you keep it in the garage.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links