Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Used Is200 Price From Dealer?

Hi all,

I am new to this site, and am currently seriously considering an IS200.

Having looked around there seems to be quite a large variation in prices, but my local Renault (!) dealer currently has a 51 plate silver IS200 SE with 46k on the clock, 1 owner, full Lexus service history that is immaculate, priced at £10,195. Is this a realistic price ?

I was hoping to spend around 9k as I have no intention of selling my S2000, and would like the peace of mind of buying from a dealer for the 12 month warranty, however having a 12 month warranty with Renault kind of defeats the object, plus is the extended warranty (as it would be on a 4 year old car) worth getting, or is it like many other extended warranties that cover very little ?

I have searched all over the site for best insurance companies to go to, the scary cost of some services, the MPG (which is no worse than my S2000) etc and am finding it very useful but need some advise on price. I have yet to see any IS200 at a Lexus dealer for under 10k.

I am also sure I have seen somewhere that you get 3 years free servicing on Lexus at the moment ? Have I dreamt that, is it on only new or is it on used ?

Incidentally do all the SE models come with parking sensors as the one I drove yesterday does, or have they been fitted afterwards ?

Sounds a reasonable price - of course, you will always pay more trade.. for instance, my car, 12 months older, same miles would be £2k less...

and no, SE's dont have parking sensors as standard...

you do need to consider though, do you really need a warranty with one of the most reliable cars on sale today?

I reckon you could bargain them down to 9k, maybe say you dont want the warranty. Someone posted on here a warranty for 14 months for about £250 that included wear and tear (tyres) and was to be fixed by lexus if anything did go wrong, so that may be your best bet.

warranty`s are normally seperate company`s, and you would be dealing with them rather than renault themselves, most are not worth the paper they are written on, with clauses throughout

i would opt not to have the warranty, and then either choose your own warranty or cross fingers

The price sounds right to me....if you went to Lexus you would get a v or w reg car with the same mileage for that price.

I didn't kow you could negotiate a deal to not have the warranty so that sounds like a good idea as you are getting a hugely reliable piece of kit :winky:

I would still try and negotiate a better price before mentioning the warranty bit though but i doubt any dealer will go down to 9k from that price...its not like they are hard to shift on the forecourt but you may get it for £9750 if you try hard enough :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links