Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Few newbie questions

Hi all, picked up my RZ this week and loving it so far but only driven it for a few hours. I have a few questions I hope someone might be able to help me with.

* I heard there was an update and it should show the Battery % remaining but I don't have that, just the remaining milage left. I looked at the software update and it says no updates available l. It's version 2050. Is that the latest one? 

* When I put the charger in no lights appear on the charge cap so have no idea if it's charging or not? Should the be a light to let me know the charge situation from the outside? 

* Does the radiant heaters work on automatically on their own or is there a separate button for them which I can't seem to find? Do these work with the auto heating on aswell or does the main heating have to be off for them to kick in?

* I guess there is no way to turn off the speed limit warning without having to do it everytime I start the car? 

Many thanks in advance

IMG_20240518_165723.jpg

3 hours ago, kieron 77 said:

* I heard there was an update and it should show the battery % remaining but I don't have that, just the remaining milage left. I looked at the software update and it says no updates available l. It's version 2050. Is that the latest one? 

They have ceased updating cars with HUD’s - does your car have a HUD ?

* When I put the charger in no lights appear on the charge cap so have no idea if it's charging or not? Should the be a light to let me know the charge situation from the outside? 

Yes - the light above the plug point should be green.  The App should also confirm that the car is charging and state of charge 

* Does the radiant heaters work on automatically on their own or is there a separate button for them which I can't seem to find? Do these work with the auto heating on aswell or does the main heating have to be off for them to kick in?

They will come on if you have the Concierge selected and the temperature is fairly low - so will the heated seats and steering wheel if they are selected as auto (that not the main a/c / heating Auto). The auto above the seats and steering wheel. You can also select S Flow if you don’t have rear seat passengers and occasional front seat passenger  - I’m sure you have found it but if not, then when selected only occupied seats have air / heat

* I guess there is no way to turn off the speed limit warning without having to do it everytime I start the car? 

No - I believe it’s a EU regulation it must always be on by default. There is a shortcut to turn it off in the screen (shortcut icon next to Climate) but it also turns off the speed limit display as well as the warnings 

Many thanks in advance

IMG_20240518_165723.jpg

• Like 1

Many thanks for your reply, yes I have the Hud so guess there is no update anymore. Just charged it up to 100% and range showing 194 miles. Let's see how it does. Yes I have selected the concierge climate and have s flow selected so think that's all good. 

So much safety tech in this car not sure what to turn off or keep on as some of the noises and warnings can be distracting at times. My last car was the isf so big step up in refinement 

Many thanks again

18 minutes ago, kieron 77 said:

Many thanks for your reply, yes I have the Hud so guess there is no update anymore. Just charged it up to 100% and range showing 194 miles. Let's see how it does. Yes I have selected the concierge climate and have s flow selected so think that's all good. 

So much safety tech in this car not sure what to turn off or keep on as some of the noises and warnings can be distracting at times. My last car was the isf so big step up in refinement 

Many thanks again

Just to confirm what @wivenhoe has said, they have stopped the update for cars with the HUD due to a serious software problem. Not sure when it will be reinstated. I have no problems with my update which shows a significant improvement particularly to range. Charging mine to 100% with current temperatures is now showing 212 miles which is fairly accurate. 3.4miles/kwh is easily obtainable even at steady -60mph- speeds on the motorway. A significant improvement to what we originally had.

• Like 1

I follow an RZ forum in USA - https://www.rzforums.com

Whilst it is predominately Americans there are some owners from Europe and the UK. It’s fairly active. Below is a post from a guy in US - bearing in mind none of the cars have the update there, his results are astounding. Also, the US version of Lexus Link+ seems far more informative than the UK version although he may be using a Lexus charger  

Just curious if anyone else has been experimenting (playing) with their car's regenerative braking system? I have, and I believe it does have an impact on range and efficiency. It takes a little getting use to, feathering the braking by using the accelerator pedal, but a little practice and experimenting with the regen level, you can drastically reduce your use of the brake pedal and increase the car's range.

My charge before last was to 80%. I did my normal driving over about a week's time with the regeneration level set to 3 and 4 (3 and 4 down arrows showing on the instrument cluster and HUD). I drove a total of 157.1 miles on the charge, down to 23%. The remaining range showed 50 miles and an average of 4.1 miles/kWh. That would be a total of 207 miles on an 80% charge assuming the car's numbers are accurate. I have a 450e with 20" wheels. My driving was around town (semi-rural) with 25, 35 and 45 to 55 mph speed limits, the AC and radio were always on.

Another interesting thing was the charge data from the Lexus app. - by the way, I got it the next morning this time. It showed the charge using 37.221 kWh to get back to an 80% charge. 157.1 miles divided by 37.221 kWh comes out to 4.22 miles/kWh, higher than the car's average of 4.1.

Attached are shots of the cluster info and charge data. I'd like to hear what others are experiencing using the regenerative braking system?

/d3/attachments/0/549-bc8591c9d5242fdcd7fba31bf708e8d0.jpg /d3/attachments/0/550-e48822d439002eb357f4a26ec70526f2.jpg

IMG_0915.jpeg

IMG_0916.jpeg

Bob,  with regards to regen, I've been using regen from day one but haven't really looked into it to see what -if any- difference it makes. I think it must  improve things at slower speed because you can see the energy going back into the Battery. I only use it around town now because I have seen a lot of You Tube videos where people suggest it is better to coast if you can because as they say it uses more energy to get back up to speed if you use it to slow down from higher speeds. As I say, I don't really know but I do use it around town.  Perhaps others on here will have a better view of this.

21 hours ago, kieron 77 said:

Hi all, picked up my RZ this week and loving it so far but only driven it for a few hours. I have a few questions I hope someone might be able to help me with.

* I heard there was an update and it should show the battery % remaining but I don't have that, just the remaining milage left. I looked at the software update and it says no updates available l. It's version 2050. Is that the latest one? 

Many thanks in advance

IMG_20240518_165723.jpg

Get A DB2 Tracker from Rewire security £34 Two Wires connected to 12v battery  All Of Ten minutes to install and you will be Blown Away with all the info it gives you..Better than that Lexus+ app Any Day of the Week It Tells you 12v Battery level hybrid Battery level shows car locations on Hourly/daily/Weekly/Monthly and a HOST of other valuable information Seriously Can I say Any More.!!!!!!! There is a yearly or monthly subscription charge But Hey Well Worth It..My Opinion Only Of Course.!!!

• Like 1

Hello All. So in the uk which  update is the latest one I should see on the car when I pick it up . And will it have the % mark . From the USA forums they are saying the % mark is useful to see and has improved range also but no quite sure how an update would improve range. All I know is my rz was build in 2023 and is a Takumi model. What should I be watching for on pick up and what questions should I be asking. Although I’m leasing  they Lexus branch they still have to give a proper handover experience . 

• Like 1

A 2023 build could have it, if the dealer was on the ball with the previous owner.
See the photo - it shows the % range remaining. 
The range is significantly increased when using the a/c or heating. No idea how but pre-update if I put the a/c on it reduced the remains range by about 40 miles, now by about 7 miles.

IMG_0923.jpeg

As the photo shows, post update I’m getting circa 220 (44 miles x 5 = 220 as range remaining is 44 at 20%) with occasional heating / ac. The overall average of 3.2 miles / kw reflects my mainly dual carriageway high speed driving. John on here has achieved 3.7 so it just confirms different driving = different consumption. 

The car has done 7k over a year and there is no apparent Battery degradation. 

On 5/19/2024 at 3:04 PM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Get A DB2 Tracker from Rewire security £34 Two Wires connected to 12v battery  All Of Ten minutes to install and you will be Blown Away with all the info it gives you..Better than that Lexus+ app Any Day of the Week It Tells you 12v battery level hybrid battery level shows car locations on Hourly/daily/Weekly/Monthly and a HOST of other valuable information Seriously Can I say Any More.!!!!!!! There is a yearly or monthly subscription charge But Hey Well Worth It..My Opinion Only Of Course.!!!

Now on offer at amazon for £19.98.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vehicle-Caravan-Tracker-Tracking-Motorbike/dp/B07KJRGJKT/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=BZxwP&content-id=amzn1.sym.53caf7c3-5ec3-4a38-8f9c-df0203f71815%3Aamzn1.symc.cdb151ed-d8fe-485d-b383-800c8b0e3fd3&pf_rd_p=53caf7c3-5ec3-4a38-8f9c-df0203f71815&pf_rd_r=H6WZY18A2X7DP17RKPS1&pd_rd_wg=GvV5K&pd_rd_r=eae3ac84-da86-44c7-b375-5ff61bfbd356&ref_=pd_hp_d_atf_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

32 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

A 2023 build could have it, if the dealer was on the ball with the previous owner.
See the photo - it shows the % range remaining. 
The range is significantly increased when using the a/c or heating. No idea how but pre-update if I put the a/c on it reduced the remains range by about 40 miles, now by about 7 miles.

IMG_0923.jpeg

Thank you 👍 for the info .  There is no previous owner , Its brand new car picking it up early June . I thought the update just come over the air via the internet etc.  I’m really hoping I get these new changes.  

Bit puzzled as you said it’s a 2023 build but new - has it been sat around for over 6 months ?  As it’s a lease how do you know it’s a 2023 build - not questioning, just curious. 
If you haven’t already, I suggest you download a pdf of the Owners Manual as there are a lot of customisable settings !

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals

1 hour ago, wivenhoe said:

Bit puzzled as you said it’s a 2023 build but new - has it been sat around for over 6 months ?  As it’s a lease how do you know it’s a 2023 build - not questioning, just curious. 
If you haven’t already, I suggest you download a pdf of the Owners Manual as there are a lot of customisable settings !

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals

Sorry , sorry , year of manufacture is 2024

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links