Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

About To Buy Is200

Hi, I'm new to this board, but I'm looking at buying an IS200 Sport.

The thing is, the one I'm looking at is on a 51 plate with 54,000 miles and is up for sale at 13,495 at my local Lexus dealer, which seems a little pricey to me. What Car? values it at 11.5k from a dealer and Parkers at 12.1k from a franchised dealer. I know it comes with a year's warranty+MOT and RAC check and a full valet and stuff, but I don't know. Anyone got any tips for getting a price reduction?

Hi, I'm new to this board, but I'm looking at buying an IS200 Sport.

The thing is, the one I'm looking at is on a 51 plate with 54,000 miles and is up for sale at 13,495 at my local Lexus dealer, which seems a little pricey to me. What Car? values it at 11.5k from a dealer and Parkers at 12.1k from a franchised dealer. I know it comes with a year's warranty+MOT and RAC check and a full valet and stuff, but I don't know. Anyone got any tips for getting a price reduction?

Trade price on that model is only around £10K so the dealer has got just over three grand gross profit to play with. This is perfectly reasonable for a prestige franchised dealership and as you say there is a lot of peace of mind with a car bought this way. However, as an example I found this advert (below) recently and I would bet good money that a strong bid of around a grand less would get them talking to you seriously. I know it's an SE and not a sport but it is 03/52 which means it might just have some original warranty left and this would be renewable by Lexus.

2003 52 LEXUS IS 200 2.0 SE 4 Door Saloon

BLACK, 37574 Miles, Central Locking, Electric Windows, Electric Sunroof, Electric Mirrors, ABS, Traction Control, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Drivers Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Side Airbags, Cruise Control, Alarm, Immobiliser, Half Leather Interior, Alloy Wheels,lexus cd/radio cassette player,ABSOLUTLY IMMACULATE ONE OFF CAR ,MUST BE VIEWED,FINANCE ARRANGED ON THIS CAR,CALL TO ARRANGE A TEST DRIVE , www.dacemotorcompany.co.uk, £12999

Good luck,

Kent.

If it's any help I have just (a month ago) bought my IS200 SE from a Lexus dealer (Cambridge).

I paid £13k for a Scarlatti Red SE with Black interior and 21k on the clock. It is absolutely immaculate too.

I would expect to pay a little more for a sport though. It depends how the dealer is feeling on the day.

Get haggling !!

PS - it's on a 53 plate.

how about a modded 03 one for £16995 ono  ;)

Lol, thanks, but a little out of my range right now :(

They gave me a grand off though, which I reckon's probably acceptable. I pick it up on Saturday! Can't wait! :driving:

Damn, fell through, I thought I was paying 12.5 including my car. Dealer thought it was 12.5 + my car. :angry:

Looking at another one now that's slightly newer, slightly less milage and slightly cheaper too....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links