Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Applause!!

Red

Matthew,

yeah, it was just like that :D my own fault though, I got a bit upset that they were scoring points for stuff I clearly blocked and got a little carried away. I think I proved my point in the end :P

norkep,

Only a few things p**s me off... the fun bit is not telling people what those things are ;)

hey mojo. what kind of karate you do? i did 4 years of kung fu. 5 years of full contact shotokan karate took a lot of injuries including 2 broke ribs from my 6th dan instructor. had to quit just bfore takin my black belt 4 years ago recommended by my doctor due to twisted hip tissue after a grading so i couldnt stretch or kick proper.

good fun though, used to drop them like flies at gradings especially the copper that i broke his nose but he swept me and wrecked my leg ah well. i can still kick just not as good.

boxing is my passion now

ARGH!!! some one make her stop!!

Playa

I did shukokai for 7 years and got my 1st dan, did a bit of wing chun kung fu a few years back but recently taken up wado ryu and started from the begining again... got up to 4th kyu blue belt at the mo. the sparring is semi contact. as for injuries I've been quite lucky all in all besides breaking every one of my fingers and my nose the rest has just been bruising. all good fun :D

red- i live in stafford

sounds good mojo. its good mate if you stick with it. used to take my aggresion from school to the dojo. calm and collective when i finished my lessons haha. used to teach the little kids and the teens aswell. knackered by time i had to do my lesson

i should of done boxing from day 1 could of been making some good cash by now haha :rolleyes:

Playa

I agree it's a great way to get rid of aggresion and tension. It's really good to start karate from the begining again, it all makes so much more sense when you've been a black belt before. when I first did it I just did things because I was told to, this time round I can analyse things at a much deeper level of understanding.

thanks claire, keep up your training :P

playa,

I totally agree... the more you learn the more reluctent you become to fighting. I think it's because you realise exactly how much damage you could do to someone and it's quite scary.

Matthew,

I know what you mean but, strange as it sounds, the injuries I've had since I started are very minor and most of them have been sustained due to poor technique whilst attempting to break wood or bricks etc. It's all part of the learning curve I guess. OK, it's official, I'm crazy :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links